1752653 Members
5709 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Greatly Expanded Functionality in Rich Text Editor

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

Greatly Expanded Functionality in Rich Text Editor

Based on feedback from community members, we have greatly expanded the options available in our Rich Text Editor. While I won't list all the new features, they include cut/copy/paste, subscript/superscript, print, etc. This should make text formatting easier and more flexible, and reading posts easier and more meaningful.

As before, each formatting icon has a tool tip explaining what it does. We hope this increases the value of the Enterprise Business Community to you, our members.

Thanks,
Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and should not be interpreted as official statements on behalf of Hewlett-Packard

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Greatly Expanded Functionality in Rich Text Editor

>they include cut/copy/paste,

This is useless unless you're using IE!  The error says:

Your browser doesn't support direct access to the clipboard. Please use the Ctrl+X/C/V keyboard shortcuts instead.
(I'm using firefox 35.0.1 or chrome.)

This isn't a big loss since I use keyboard shortcuts anyway.
I would suggest if the buttons don't work, they shouldn't be displayed.  Or to make a level playing field for ALL browsers,
remove the three buttons completely.

About the only useful button is "Paste as text" toggle.  And "Clear formatting", which I had to use to remove double spacing.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>>they include cut/copy/paste,

These are now gone in firefox.

>only useful button is "Paste as text" toggle

Why was this button removed?

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

Since there would no longer be any direct cut-paste or copy-paste dualities, we felt it was best to remove all of that button set together.

I hope this is helpful,
Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and should not be interpreted as official statements on behalf of Hewlett-Packard

Thanks,
Warren_Admin