5514 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Member Badges Launched

MargaretN
Respected Contributor

Member Badges Launched

Greeting!

We are excited to share the plan we’ve been working on to make the community more fun and engaging by rewarding our members’ participation! 

Starting today, August 1st members will earn badges for activities - such as submitting great posts, giving and earning Kudos, accepting solutions and more.   Badges earned will be prominently displayed on your profile page for other members to see the contributions you make to the community.  

We are thrilled to unveil our first badge set in this post, to give you a sneak peek at how they will be displayed on the community.  And, you can expect to see even more new badges rolled-out over the next few months.

What badges will be introduced?

On August 1st, we are launching 15 new badges, 3 from each of the categories below as well as a ‘new member’ badge for those who join the community from August 1, 2016 onwards.

hpec-badges-p1v2.jpg

How will they appear on your profile?

The six most recently earned badges will display on your profile page, your latest one first.  All badges you have earned-to-date, as well as others you have not yet earned, will be displayed when you click the “view all” link.  Some badges that are not relevant to all - such as those earned by attending key HPE events - will only appear once you have earned them.

Earned badges will show the badge icon, title, date earned and how many members have unlocked the badge. Simply hover over a badge, and the description for that badge will display.

badges-earned.png

How will I know when I earn a badge?

You will be notified automatically via email to congratulate you on earning a new badge. Remember, you can change the frequency of these (and other) notifications, by navigating to your settings under 'My Subscriptions',  then to 'Notification Settings'. 

We have several more planned for the near future and we hope you like them.  As always, we look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thank you for participating in the Community

MargaretN

MargaretN

22 REPLIES 22
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Are these badges retroactive?  I.e. I expect to get all of them on the initial roll out.

>a "new member" badge for those who join the community from August 1, 2016 onwards.

Well, this is unfair.  ;-)

Edit: It seems the rollout worked fine, got all 15 "real" badges.

MargaretN
Respected Contributor

Hi Dennis,

Yes the badges are retroactive, except for the 'newbie' badge. 

MargaretN

RachaelR
Frequent Advisor

I think this is a cute idea :)
I think it would be neat if you could have a mini-badge next to your avatar, you can select the 1 that means the most to you (for those who provide a lot of great advice for instance might select that badge), if you don't select 1 then it will defaul to your highest level - just an idea :)

~*~
Current Build: 9.0.3.353
OlaBerggren
Honored Contributor

Nice idea!

I hope this will rise the community activity in a positive way. But it will need to come new (achievable) badges for this to have a more long term affect.

Another idea to is to have the number of achieved badges as on overlay on the avatar.

Damodar-Reddy
Honored Contributor

Good Idea,

Should have been published little long back, Nevertheless the font of each badge is more or less equal to the Avatar.

Reduction in the size makes the GUI feasible to look & understand.

May be progress graph for the Achievement's & posts & kudo's can also be considered I believe & gives more insights of the profile..!!

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
MargaretN
Respected Contributor

Thank you and yes, I can confirm we have more planned as this was just the first phase.

MargaretN

Sebastian.Koehler
Honored Contributor

@Dennis Handly wrote:

Edit: It seems the rollout worked fine, got all 15 "real" badges.

Same here. It is time for higher goals, I guess. :)

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

MargaretN
Respected Contributor

thanks Sebastian, glad to hear this and yes we are working on the next phase.

MargaretN

TechnicalTester
Frequent Advisor

Nothing like a bit of competition to get people more involed.

<goes off to check profile>

Also neat that we get emailed about new earned badges