Announcements
1752616 Members
4459 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Printing, Personal Computing and Mobile Boards migrating to HP Support Forums

bimmerdriver
Frequent Advisor

Re: Printing, Personal Computing and Mobile Boards migrating to HP Support Forums

I agree this is not being handled well. I respect the opinion that mixing home users with enterprise users has some drawbacks, but there are questions pertaining to the same products and issues across both communities. This is the main drawback of having separate communities. I initially joined several years ago and inadvertently ended up with an account in both groups. I didn't discover that until I came back switching back to HP after spending several years using another vendor. I would prefer that both communities and the respective accounts be merged completely.

HP ProLiant ML150 G6 Intel┬о Xeon┬о E5504
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I would prefer that both communities and the respective accounts be merged completely.

This can not be done for legal reasons.

Going forward there will be two separate companies and two forums.

And all your PC/mobile topics have been moved to the Support forum.

Or do you now have two accounts in the Support forum due to the move and you want them merged?

If so, you need to ask there.

bimmerdriver
Frequent Advisor

@Dennis Handly wrote:

>I would prefer that both communities and the respective accounts be merged completely.

This can not be done for legal reasons.

Going forward there will be two separate companies and two forums.

And all your PC/mobile topics have been moved to the Support forum.

Or do you now have two accounts in the Support forum due to the move and you want them merged?

If so, you need to ask there.

PM sent.

HP ProLiant ML150 G6 Intel┬о Xeon┬о E5504
Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

I think you've hit on the eternal question regarding online forums: When do you divide, and when do you combine? Most times, those decisions are driven by much larger forces.

We went through very similar feedback when we merged the Business Support Center and IT Resource Center into the Enterprise Business Community several years ago. We heard that some people liked the fact that they did not have to go to three different places to ask questions about the same product, while others did not prefer the interplay between home, small business, and enterprise users. The legacy sites had many appreciative users, but did not offer the same security or other features of our current platform. Maintaining multiple sites covering the same data  generates information disconnects, and leads to the same questions being asked multiple times, sometimes with overlapping or conflicting solutions. 

Thank you for sharing feedback with us,
Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and should not be interpreted as official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

jerryarntzen

Re: Printing, Personal Computing and Mobile Boards Migrating to HP Support Forums

Oh Deer, what have I gotten myself into?  Where did my printing query go?

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Printing, Personal Computing and Mobile Boards Migrating to HP Support Forums

>Where did my printing query go?

Into limbo. :-)

Your topic is here:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Your-Questions-Regarding-HP/LaserJet-2100M-printing-issue/m-p/6763440

As stated there, you need to use the HP Support Forum:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

Enterprise Business Support Forums: What Moved Where

This is the mapping of the boards as they were on the Enterprise Business Community, to their new host, the HP Support Forums. I do not have all of the URLs for these, but here are the names of the boards, old and new.

Enterprise Business Community Enterprise Business Community Past Location   Consumer Support Forums Board Consumer Support Forum Current Location Name
Printing and Digital Imaging Printers - LaserJet   Printers and All-In-Ones Printing Issues & Troubleshooting
Printing and Digital Imaging Multifunction and All-in-One   Printers and All-In-Ones Printing Issues & Troubleshooting
Printing and Digital Imaging Printers - Designjet & Large Format   Printers and All-In-Ones DesignJet, Large Format Printers & Digital Printing Press
Printing and Digital Imaging Archived Printing Boards (Category)   Notebook, Desktop, and Printing (archived topics) Printers and All-In-Ones (Reply Only)
Printing and Digital Imaging Print Servers, Network Storage & Web Jetadmin   Printers and All-In-Ones Printer Networking and Wireless
Printing and Digital Imaging Scanners   Printers and All-In-Ones Scanning, Faxing, and Copying 
Printing and Digital Imaging Macintosh-Compatible Products   Printers and All-In-Ones Mac Printing and Scanning
Printing and Digital Imaging Printers - Deskjet   Printers and All-In-Ones Printing Issues & Troubleshooting
Printing and Digital Imaging Digital Senders   Printers and All-In-Ones Scanning, Faxing, and Copying 
Printing and Digital Imaging Software   Printers and All-In-Ones Printer, All-in-One Software & Drivers 
Printing and Digital Imaging Printing and Digital Imaging Knowledge Base (TKB)   Notebook, Desktop, and Printing (archived topics) Printers and All-In-Ones (Reply Only)
Printing and Digital Imaging Fax and Copiers   Printers and All-In-Ones Scanning, Faxing, and Copying 
Printing and Digital Imaging Photosmart Products   Printers and All-In-Ones Printing Issues & Troubleshooting
Printing and Digital Imaging Photo Systems   Printers and All-In-Ones Other Printing Questions
Printing and Digital Imaging HP Designjet ePrint and Share   Printers and All-In-Ones ePrint, Print Apps, Mobile Printing, and ePrintCenter
Printing and Digital Imaging Digital Printing Press   Printers and All-In-Ones DesignJet, Large Format Printers & Digital Printing Press
Printing and Digital Imaging HP JetAdvantage On Demand   Printers and All-In-Ones ePrint, Print Apps, Mobile Printing, and ePrintCenter

Categories Desktops and Workstations Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro   Desktop Computers, Sprout by HP & Monitors Business PCs, Workstations and Point of Sale (POS) Systems
Categories Desktops and Workstations Workstations - z series, xw series, and legacy x and w series   Desktop Computers, Sprout by HP & Monitors Business PCs, Workstations and Point of Sale (POS) Systems
Categories Desktops and Workstations Workstations - Thin Clients   Desktop Computers, Sprout by HP & Monitors Business PCs, Workstations and Point of Sale (POS) Systems
Categories Desktops and Workstations Home PCs - Pavilion, Presario   Desktop Computers, Sprout by HP & Monitors Desktop Hardware
Categories Desktops and Workstations Monitors   Desktop Computers, Sprout by HP & Monitors Desktop Audio, Video, & Monitors 
Categories Desktops and Workstations Workstations - Itanium-Based, hp9000, Visualize   Desktop Computers, Sprout by HP & Monitors Business PCs, Workstations and Point of Sale (POS) Systems
Categories Desktops and Workstations Business PCs - Evo, Deskpro, Vectra, Kayak, Brio, e-PC   Desktop Computers, Sprout by HP & Monitors Business PCs, Workstations and Point of Sale (POS) Systems
Categories Desktops and Workstations Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards (Category)   Notebook, Desktop, and Printing (archived topics) Commercial Desktop and Workstation (Reply Only)
Categories Desktops and Workstations Point of Sale (POS) Systems   Desktop Computers, Sprout by HP & Monitors Business PCs, Workstations and Point of Sale (POS) Systems
Categories Desktops and Workstations Remote PC Solutions   Desktop Computers, Sprout by HP & Monitors Business PCs, Workstations and Point of Sale (POS) Systems
Categories Desktops and Workstations Desktops and Workstations Knowledge Base (TKB)   Notebook, Desktop, and Printing (archived topics) Commercial Desktop and Workstation (Reply Only)

Mobile Boards Notebook - HP ProBook, ZBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE   Laptop and Notebook Computers Notebook Hardware
Mobile Boards Notebook PCs - Envy, Pavilion, Presario   Laptop and Notebook Computers Notebook Hardware
Mobile Boards Calculators   Tablets and Mobile Devices Calculators and Business Handheld Devices
Mobile Boards Handhelds - iPaq   Tablets and Mobile Devices Calculators and Business Handheld Devices
Mobile Boards Notebook PC - Omnibooks, EVO   Laptop and Notebook Computers Notebook Hardware
Mobile Boards Mobile Knowledge Base (TKB)   Notebook, Desktop, and Printing (archived topics) Commercial Desktop and Workstation (Reply Only)
Mobile Boards HP Support Center Mobile App   Tablets and Mobile Devices Other Mobile Software and Apps
Mobile Boards Handhelds/Palmtops - Jornada, Palmtop, Omnigo   Tablets and Mobile Devices Calculators and Business Handheld Devices

Software HP PC Client Management   Other HP Products and Technologies.  
Software ITRC Top Tools Forum   Notebook, Desktop, and Printing (archived topics) Commercial PC Software (Reply Only)
Software HP SoftPaq Download Manager   Other HP Products and Technologies.  
Software ITRC HP SkyRoom Forum   Notebook, Desktop, and Printing (archived topics) Commercial PC Software (Reply Only)

I hope this is helpful,
Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and should not be interpreted as official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard 

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Printing, Personal Computing and Mobile boards migrating to HP Support Forums

Typhoon87
Frequent Advisor

Can you please note where Web Jetadmin subfourm has moved to? I am unsure based on what you are showing in your screenshot.

John Getzke
Honored Contributor

> Can you please note where Web Jetadmin subfourm has moved to? 

There is no longer a dedicated WebJet Admin subforum on the new consumer website. 

I'd like to think the most appropriate area would be JetAdvantage sub found here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/JetAdvantage-Printing-Applications-and-Services/bd-p/JetAdvantage

"Questions about HP JetAdvantage or other printing applications and services from HP? "

The most recent WJA posts appear to be under the generic printer software and drivers sub found here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/bd-p/Software

"Have questions on how to install a driver, or print from an application, post a question here."

Otherwise for the most exposure you could try your luck with the generic laserjet subs and provide propper tagging in hopes of attracting someone who can comment on your problem.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)