1745824 Members
4071 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Problem Logging In - "Page Can't Be Displayed" Error

Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

>> What version(s) of Chrome are you having problems with?

I was using 6.0.472.63 (2010)

I just switched to 15.0.874.106 m

Seems to be working now.

That is, on [reply] it prompted for a sign-in and automatically continued to the reply page.

It even picked up the 'autosaved' reply I had started in IE at first, before trying a new Chrome. Nice!

btw... Using IE I got annoying 'display non-secure parts' and 'switching to non-secure.

If this works, then good ridance to that.

Edit:

And it looked like it worked, as it was used for this reply.. From profile:  Browser used for Last Visit

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/15.0.874.106 Safari/535.2.

But when I came back the same sh*t all over again. May I recommend you fine folks focus on functionality

and reliabilty and useabilty, instead of wasting time on following the latest crummy corporate look?!?!

Bad Gateway

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Using Chrome 15.0.874.106

Fix the code, loose the crayons!

Hein.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

It looks like they fixed this in a complete different manner.  :-(

I got the HP passport page but it would refuse to take my login, no error message or anything.

If I gave something wrong, I got the appropriate error.

I'm not sure if the problem just went away or because I used the login form on HPSC instead of the Sign In link here.

Or because I restarted my firefox browser?

Pacerier
Frequent Advisor

This is getting seriously annoying, 20 minutes of my life wasted just trying to logon to a website.

It's been 4 years and the problem is still not fixed yet?

============================================
Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

Browser and login issues can often be quite different, but the browser has a limited number of messages it can display. Messages such as "The page cannot be found" or "The page can't be displayed" are simply error trap messages that the browser substitutes for an error code (404 for page can't be found, or 500 for server error, etc.) to make it less cryptic. 

The message you may have seen recently when trying to log in has an entirely different etiology than the one referenced in 2011. We are very close to a resolution, and I will update when it is complete.

I hope this is helpful,
Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and should not be interpreted as official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>The message you may have seen recently when trying to log in has an entirely different etiology than the one referenced in 2011.

One of many threads about this:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Community-Feedback-Suggestions/Passport-Login-Problem/m-p/6246353

>We are very close to a resolution, and I will update when it is complete.

Great!  It seems to be related to the size of the text in the cookies?

When I delete specific cookies in firefox, it works.