1748178 Members
4349 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: We Heard You! - Fixing Some Things You Brought to Our Attention

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

We Heard You! - Fixing Some Things You Brought to Our Attention

First of all, we thank you for sticking with us during the rollout of our site redesign. We recognize that a few things didn't work the way we thought they would, even after voluminous testing.

We have fixed most of the things you've brought to us, but there are a few stubborn stragglers. Here are a couple that will be resolved very soon:

1. Quick Links on the home page and category pages - They are now working, except for a very few that need to have the links corrected. Some were not working at all in Internet Explorer, as recently as yesterday.
  2. Text colors - Many text colors were hard to read after the roll-out and we are working to roll out new colors as quickly as possible. Some of you have noted seeing black text on a black background. If you continue to see this problem, please give us the URL so we can fix these bugs right away.
  3. Logic for "View All" and "See All" - We recognize that it is really important to be able to scan closely related conversations. Some of the conversations weren't closely related, and some don't seem related at all. We're fixing that.

Thank you again for bringing some of these critical bugs to our attention and we appreciate your patience as we work through them.

Thank you,
Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Opinions are my own and not intended to represent HP

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

12 REPLIES 12
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Quick Links on the home page and category pages - They are now working, except for a very few ...

One of the working Quick Links has a bad link:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage

The last link on the page is bad:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Community-Feedback/bd-p/4

V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

Hello,

what`s about this one board where all 'floated boards' were listed.
Also it was not good to find several items with the same name there, it was very comfortable to see the number of new threads.
Now I need several windows again to check this, that's more annoying after seeing that there's a nice solution.

Please bring it back!!

V.
Opinions are my own - who finds typing errors can keep it!
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

Latest update:

1. Quick links - to our knowledge, they are all working. Please let us know any that are not.

2. Text colors - there's another thread on this. Some changes we will be making later today (18 November) should help.

3. Logic for "View All" and "See All" - fixed.

4. Though this was not listed in the first post, we've brought back the headers in everyone's profile, for Kudos and other items. I don't know exactly why they were hiding but I think the programmers do, since they're visible again.

Once again, thank you for your patience and your support. We hope the pace of change slows down a bit, but we will always be looking for ways to make the Enterprise Business Community more useful and usable.

Thank you,
Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Opinions are my own and not intended to represent HP

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>1. Quick links - to our knowledge, they are all working. Please let us know any that are not.

The URL on my post above isn't fixed.

The Quick link "Community Guidelines" always points to the current page.

(I'm not sure how this is different than "Rules of Participation"?  But if I saw the right URL, maybe it would be obvious.  :-)

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>2. Text colors - there's another thread on this. Some changes we will be making later today (18 November) should help.

Here are some more category pages with black on black like HP-UX:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Software-Services/ct-p/sws-HPSServices

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Vivit-Community/ct-p/sws-Vivit

Ron Silver_1
Honored Contributor

Has anything done to improve site speed? It takes just about 30 seconds to a minute to load a page compared to Google loading in a matter of seconds. The other problem, that I have noticed is that the site search doesn't always work but if I use Google the page comes up on searching for the older 4-5 years old machines. This is on www.hp.com

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>the site search doesn't always work

What in particular were you looking for and how did you do it?

Have you seen the FAQ?
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks/Searching-in-the-HP-Enterprise-Business-Community/m-p/4825025/

>but if I use Google the page comes up on searching for the older 4-5 years old machines. This is on www.hp.com

I'm not sure what you mean by "older machines"?

What did you use for your google search?  To search just the EBC forum: ... site:http://h30499.www3.hp.com

Ron Silver_1
Honored Contributor

I was looking for data on a presario desktop I don't remember which one but it came up on a google search to the HP server the same as if I had found through a search on www.hp.com. It is about 4 years old I also ran into the same problem looking for an evo d510

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

I was looking for exactly what URLs you used and what you entered.

If you searched at www.hp.com that is unrelated to the EBC forum search.