New Discussion

Re: Using Intel Turbo Boost on xl170r Gen 9 - Apollo 2600

SOLVED
Go to solution
A.W.R
Frequent Advisor

Using Intel Turbo Boost on xl170r Gen 9 - Apollo 2600

Hi,

I have an Apollo 2600 chassis with 4 by xl170r Gen9 servers each with 2 by Intel Xeon E5-2660v4 (2.0GHz/14-core/35MB/105W) Processor Kits. According to the Intel specs, this processor has a maximum Turbo frequency of 3.2GHz.

How do I see if Turbo boost is enabled, and how it is operating?

Kind regards

Andrew

1 REPLY 1
ronissac
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Using Intel Turbo Boost on xl170r Gen 9 - Apollo 2600

Hi A.W.R , 

lets see if i can help you with those questions:

1. How do I see if Turbo boost is enabled

You can verify your BIOS settings to see if the intel turbo boost is enabled or not.

The path is :

BIOS >  System Utilities screen, select System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU) > Performance Options > Intel (R) Turbo Boost Technology and press Enter.

You will be able to see if its enabled or disabled . Usually it should be enabled by default. 

2. How is it operating ? 

Turbo boost is a way for automatically run the processor core faster than the marked frequency and works under the operating system control. The operation is dependant on headroom available in one or more cores. The amount of time system spends in turbo boost depends on the workload, environment etc.

There are several intel and third party tools available that will help you see if the processor frequency is running at Turbo boost. You can refer the Intel website for the same.

Hope this helpled  

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!

Regards

Ronny

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo