1753734 Members
4468 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MySql Revisited

tony chamberlain
Occasional Advisor

MySql Revisited

I know people have asked about installing MySql, buthas anyone ever done it, since this SA1100 is redhat 6.2 for the most part I have installed various libs on it to get mc, expect going.

For those of you dying to tell me I have voided my warranty by installing software, forget it :P

I got a spare virgin SA1100 standing by, all I have to do is mirror the drive and wham I'm back to a virgin unit.

So anyone using mysql on these?

6 REPLIES 6
tony chamberlain
Occasional Advisor

Ok I'll answer my own question, I just installed the lastest version of MySQL and it works pertfectly. Hard to have a web server with out mysql. There are a few things that has to be figured out, but I got it all working 100% in 30 minuites time. Plus phpmyadmin is a breeze :)

So guys there you have it, MySQL is good to go on sa1100 servers, the version I installed was:

MySQL 3.23.51

- I'm weary of trying to upgrade apache & php, but if I get brave I'll let you guys know if it works.
tony chamberlain
Occasional Advisor

Oh 1 more thing,

I'm not responsible for any damage you may caus eto your server if you decide to do this install. While I had zero problems, I can not guarantee that it will work for everyone. Do it at your own risk.
CA698399
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the information, Tony.
Gregg_6
Advisor

That was going to be my next project. I already installed a simple firewall. Then I have to install an email virus scanner, and a webmail program. I already tried installing a webmail program, but it said that my CGI.PM is outdated, DUH, everything is from 2001, at least. Has anyone updated stuff like that? Will it damage the gui?

Has anyone tried upgrading the version of Apache or PHP, etc. on these units?
Rex_3
Occasional Advisor

apl=SA1100 operatonal.
I am tinkering with a new web app that uses a mysql databse (erete bus standard from onesourcecorp.com). I see a "oracle/mysql/....." folder but have no instructions on starting it. I think one problem is that I use Dreamweaver V3 on a mac w/os9.1. & can't keyin direct & don't see an html interface.

questions: 1..should I go to OS10.2 or switch to a PC & use Frontpage?

2...If I download a fresh version of SQL can I install it using the mac etc.?

3....Must the web server be shutdown to install?

Kindest personal regards
Rx