Application Integration
1753482 Members
4463 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Anyone here using Horizonview or Xendesktop with Nimble storage, I would like to hear your comments on boot up performance VDI?

egmachate69
Occasional Contributor

Anyone here using Horizonview or Xendesktop with Nimble storage, I would like to hear your comments on boot up performance VDI?

We are expanding our HorizonView deployment and also adding Xendesktop in our virtual infrastructure, with expansion and additions we are considering Nimble as our Storage and Backup.

I would appreciate any inputs you can provide, per my understanding Nimble is a new technology and better that thin dedup (just what i heard), we are considering this product but doesn't have clear understanding of this technology.

Thank you,

Storage Newbie

1 REPLY 1
jason_brandt
Occasional Visitor

Re: Anyone here using Horizonview or Xendesktop with Nimble storage, I would like to hear your comments on boot up performance VDI?

Nimble works great in a VDI environment, especially with the caching improvements in the recent releases.  We had a power outage last week (well, 2 of them), which required a full shutdown/power up of the environment.  We booted up about 200 VMs almost simultaneously and didn't even notice it.