Application Integration
1747988 Members
4969 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Anyone using Veeam with Nimble Storage? I'm particulary interested if it has snapshot integration like Commvault Simpana does?

SOLVED
Go to solution
chris_black
Occasional Contributor

Anyone using Veeam with Nimble Storage? I'm particulary interested if it has snapshot integration like Commvault Simpana does?

We are currently using Commvault for granular restores from our Nimble snapshots. I'm looking at possibly moving to Veeam (because its so much more simple to implement and use) - is anyone else using Veeam with Nimble? I'm particularly interested in snapshot integration since the advantage of Commvault is that they were one of the first vendors (Oct 2012) to introduce a solution that can initiate Nimble snapshots and granular restores - does Veeam have this integration and is anyone using it?

11 REPLIES 11
aaalders111
Regular Visitor

Re: Anyone using Veeam with Nimble Storage? I'm particulary interested if it has snapshot integration like Commvault Simpana does?

Hi Chris,

No, unfortunately Veeam does not (yet) have an integration with our snapshot technology, although this is being discussed. I have no timeline for this however.

Regards,

Andr├й

Not applicable

Andre

Thanks - this was the answer I suspected.

Looking forward to when Veeam (masters of simplicity) and Nimble do get this together as unfortunately the Commvault solution is too complicated for even their own engineers  - who have spent days trying to get it to work for us properly!

Chris

aaalders111
Regular Visitor

You're welcome. By the way ... you forgot to put "(masters of efficiency)" behind "Nimble"

chris_black
Occasional Contributor

тАЬProbably also the most innovative iSCSI SAN Solution on the market тАжтАЭ

dejvnull49
Advisor

Chris, thank you so much for your thread and answer since I was looking to eventually use Simpana/Commvuault for Snapshot management and archiving. I felt Commvault was a bit expensive but used with Simpana it seemed like a nice solution.

However if it is as you say and Commvault say it's  difficult to use than I know it's way to difficult.

I use Veeam for some VMWare environments but was hoping on Simpana and either Commvault of MS DPM 2012 SP1 if budget would not allow for Commvault full (for archiving)

After reading this thread I'll wait with Simpana.

I also feel that integrating with Veeam would be great (for both Hyper-V and VMWare)

/Dave

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hi all,

Please make your voices heard via the Veeam forums for this integration point! The more customers ask Veeam for this functionality, the higher up the priority stack it goes internally in Engineering!

Community Forums тАв View forum - Veeam Backup & Replication

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
cgibbs40

Seeing as there is a nimble webinar in Jan does this mean that you now support veeam?

Hybrid Storage Webinar Series | Nimble Storage

C.

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hey Caleb,

Nimble and Veeam are ecosystem partners and as such we run joint webinars discussing Nimble snaps and Veeam backups for short & long term retention of data.

Today there is no integration of Nimble snaps into Veeam (reason being there's no accessible API from Veeam for us to present snapshots to), although we hope to have this resolved in the future as it's probably one of the top requests we have from our customers.

As soon as this is nearing release i'm sure there will be a lot of marketing & noise about it - so keep looking!

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
Not applicable

Any update on this Veeam - Nimble integration?