6814 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can't install VASA Provider (VVols) integration from Nimble web GUI

mrmicp
Occasional Visitor

Can't install VASA Provider (VVols) integration from Nimble web GUI

Hi,

So we have just got a Nimble installed and I'm trying to add vmware VASA Provider (VVols) integration from the array's gui but I keep getting the error "vasa - SmsTask failed, state=error, key=SmsTask-30" A quick google takes me to this article and says that the certificate that the storage monitoring server uses has expired and I need to generate a new one.

The issue is that the article assumes you are running vCenter on Windows but we don't, we have the Server Appliance and I don't have experience of the CLI. So looking for a little help please, does anybody have any experience with this? Or can point me in the right direction? Much appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
Thomas_Lam_HK
HPE Pro

Re: Can't install VASA Provider (VVols) integration from Nimble web GUI

I did setup VASA provider with vCenter applicance for many times hence confirm it is workable...

Have you reach out to Nimble Support?

Thomas Lam - Global Storage Field CTO

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
mamatadesaiNim
HPE Blogger

smsTask can fail due to a number of different reasons.  You can work with Nimble Support.  A few basic things to confirm:

• your ESX servers have NTP configured, your VCSA has NTP configured via the VAMI (port 5480) interface
HPE Nimble Storage
mrmicp
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I've checked the NTP settings and they are correct so I've submitted a case to Nimble Supprot via Infosight..

Thanks

mamatadesaiNim
HPE Blogger

Thanks.  Any success?

HPE Nimble Storage