Application Integration
1752772 Members
4940 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Error when I tried to deploy the vcenter plugin from my Nimble array, smsTask failed

SOLVED
Go to solution
Golden_Niglo
Collector

Error when I tried to deploy the vcenter plugin from my Nimble array, smsTask failed

Hello Nimble Community,

I have got 2 similar Nimble Arrays running on 5.2.1.800-930936-opt version.

I tired to make a VMware integration with my vcenter(version 7.0.2) and I succeed on one of them and failed on the other with the following message:

Extension error

SmsTask failed, state=error, key=SmsTask-72

I verified on the firewall logs and vcenter  /var/log/vmware/vmware-sps/sps.log logs and nothing is blocked or contains an error message.

Any help is welcomed!

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3
Muru123
HPE Pro

Re: Error when I tried to deploy the vcenter plugin from my Nimble array, smsTask failed

Hi,

I believe you have followed the below steps to register the HPE Nimble Storage vCenter Plugin with vCenter Server. 

1. Select Administration > VMware Integration.
2. You see the Register vCenter dialog box.
3. Enter the vCenter Server name.
4. Enter the hostname or IP address of the vCenter Server and the port to be used.
5. Enter a description for the vCenter Plugin.
6. Enter the username and password for the vCenter Plugin.
7. Check the Web Client box.
8. Check the VASA Provider box if you want to use vVols.
9. Click Save.

You can also call Nimble Support in case you need more help. (https://infosight.hpe.com/InfoSight/media/local/active/50/Support_Quick_Reference.pdf

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Golden_Niglo
Collector

Re: Error when I tried to deploy the vcenter plugin from my Nimble array, smsTask failed

Hello,

I dind't specify that I already follow those steps from the Nimble admin guide.

It worked perfectly well on one of my 2 Nimble but i failed with the error message that I have posted  on the second one, that's why I need a little bit of help on this.

Regards

Muru123
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi,

Please check if the ports 80, 443, 8443 are open and allowing traffic. If the issue still persists kindly contact Nimble Support.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo