Application Integration
1753901 Members
8683 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to use plugin from vSphere client?

SOLVED
Go to solution
rdhand131
Occasional Advisor

Ben,

Can you please expand on your question re: is there any likelihood of a vSphere/vCentre upgrade any time soon?

benwatson87
Valued Contributor

Is there a likelihood of the customer upgrading their vCentre/vSphere implementation to v5.x? Wondering if there is a miscellaneous compatibility issue which may not be apparent from the outset.

(it is probably worth them planning the VMware upgrade in any case)

jschwoebel1

Tom,

The problem which you described is most likely a DNS issue.
When you access the vCenter with your vSphere Client, do you use the IP, DNS or FQDN?
If you have used the IP of the vCenter to connect to it and it worked on a different client, please make sure to try the IP on your client, too.

Also, what browser are you using? Please make sure that IE is set as your default browser.

I will go ahead and open a case for you and reach out to you.

jschwoebel1
Solution

While being on a WebEx I have noticed that Tom is accessing the vCenter through its DNS name. When I try to ping the DNS name from the array we are not able to access it. If I use the FQDN, ping works fine. After we've checked the plug-in status within the array WebUI, we have seen that the plugin was registered with the FQDN. This is a known issue. If the plugin gets registered with the IP/DNS or FQDN, the vSphere client needs to use the exact same method to connect to the vCenter. For example, if the plug-in got registered by IP address, it is very important that the vSphere client connects through the IP to the vCenter. Otherwise, the VMware plug-in will not work properly.