Application Integration
1748051 Members
4863 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: I'm having issues logging to Nimble via PS. Any ideas?

SOLVED
Go to solution
tpope7

I'm having issues logging to Nimble via PS. Any ideas?

PS P:\> Connect-NSArray -SystemName 192.168.1.80 -Username [MYUSERNAME] -Password [MYPASSWORD] Exception calling "getGroupConfig" with "2" argument(s): "There is an error in XML document (2, 1417)." At C:\Users\tpope\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\Nimble\Login.ps1:38 char:7 + $arrname = $script:nsunit.getGroupConfig($script:sid.value,[ref]$err).grou ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidOperationException  

Logged into array @    

#If I do not specify my username I get this:    

PS P:\> Connect-NSArray -SystemName 192.168.1.80  cmdlet Connect-NSArray at command pipeline position 1 Supply values for the following parameters: Password: ******** Couldn't login to http://192.168.1.80:4210/soap    

#Has anyone else come across this? I appear to have successfully imported the module:  

PS P:\> Import-Module Nimble PS P:\> Get-Command -module Nimble CommandType Name ModuleName  ----------- ---- ----------  Function Add-NSInitiatorGroupToVolume Nimble  Function Add-NSInitiatorToGroup Nimble  Function Connect-NSArray Nimble  Function Get-NSArray Nimble  Function Get-NSInitiatorGroup Nimble  Function Get-NSPerfPolicy Nimble  Function Get-NSSnapShot Nimble  Function Get-NSVolume Nimble  Function Get-NSVolumeACL Nimble  Function Get-NSVolumeCollection Nimble  Function New-NSClone Nimble  Function New-NSInitiatorGroup Nimble  Function New-NSPerfPolicy Nimble  Function New-NSSnapshot Nimble  Function New-NSVolume Nimble  Function Remove-NSInitiatorFromGroup Nimble  Function Remove-NSInitiatorGroup Nimble  Function Remove-NSSnapShot Nimble  Function Remove-NSVolume Nimble  Function Set-NSVolumeState Nimble

3 REPLIES 3
jcates98
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hey Tim,

From the parameters you are using and the reference to the SOAP API, it appears that you are using the community-developed PS toolkit from a few years ago.  The thing is, that SOAP API was never really publicly exposed or documented, and in fact has long been deprecated in favor of the Nimble REST API.  This older PS toolkit reverse engineered the SOAP API in order to work, and was never really supported by Nimble directly.

What I would suggest to you is that you download the official Nimble-supported PowerShell Toolkit, which is based on the current REST API. You can find a blog post covering it - along with a download link - here:

Introducing the Nimble PowerShell Toolkit 1.0 

Cheers,

Julian

tpope7

Thanks Julian.

Chris_Lionetti
HPE Pro

After you do get the newer PowerShell toolkit, the command is slightly different as well,

Connect-NsGroup -groupip 1.2.3.4 -credential $(get-credential)

this will pop up an interactive credential window, or you can feed a credential object to the credential option.

Chris Lionetti