Application Integration
1745788 Members
3508 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: InfoSight is amazing, but my company is looking at adopting VMware vRealize..

SOLVED
Go to solution
nick_furnell
Occasional Advisor

InfoSight is amazing, but my company is looking at adopting VMware vRealize..

Hi guys,

I know InfoSight is amazing and the level of detail is very granular, but my company is looking at adopting VMware vRealize & vROps to monitor our entire VMware infrastructure.

Does anyone know if Nimble themselves (or a keen supporter) has developed either a vRealize Loginsight Content Pack OR vROps Management Pack? These feature packs add functionality to extract performance data out of the various components of the VMware eco-system and can then display or correlate this on a standard dashboard. It doesn't make or break our decision on Nimble, but it would strengthen it a whole lot more.

Thanks

Nick

3 REPLIES 3
iannoble38
Advisor

Re: InfoSight is amazing, but my company is looking at adopting VMware vRealize..

vROps has a generic management pack for storage devices via various protocols including SMI-S (Nimble has that, it's hyper-v article but I assume it would work with the plugin too...? Managing Nimble Storage Arrays with Microsoft SCVMM and SMI-S). Management pack details / screenshots here: Cloud Management Marketplace | Solution Exchange

eforgette119
Advisor

Also check out the vRealize SNMP adaptor and the Nimble Storage MIB.  This may provide the performance information you're looking for.

iannoble38
Advisor
Solution

SNMP in vROps isnt as good as it could be yet, but I'm sure they will get there.

How to use SNMP with vRealize Operations - vMBaggum