1753427 Members
4810 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Nimble is reporting twice the Volume usage as VmWare

rudys119
Occasional Visitor

Nimble is reporting twice the Volume usage as VmWare

I recieved a few Volume space usage warnings, so i started doing some research into whats going on here.  When I log into the nimble I get a Volume usage of 386 GiB of 450.  But when I look at this data store on VSphere the  Datastore reports 67.38 GB of 399.75 Gb used.  Furthermore I only have 290.96Gb provisioned on the datastore.  Not sure where the extra usage is coming from.  My jr admin already expanded the datastore last month but I do not want to keep expanding the datastore until I find out where this usage is coming from because the actual drives on the VM are only 20% used and the datastore isnt connected to anythign else. 

1 REPLY 1
Parvez_Admin
Community Manager

Re: Nimble is reporting twice the Volume usage as VmWare

@rudys119 

Till you receive a response in the Community, for quicker resolution you can reach out to the HPE Nimble support team by dropping an email to support@nimblestorage.com with the S.No in AF-xxxxxx format or dial the 24x7 hotline numbers given in the below URL. 

https://psnow.ext.hpe.com/doc/a00050207enw?jumpid=in_lit-psnow-red

Alternatively, you can log a case from the Infosight portal by navigating to [Resources] >> [Support]  -- From there, you should see a [New Case] button on the upper right.

Thanks,
Parvez_Admin
I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png