Application Integration
1748028 Members
4954 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Not all vCenter logins see the Nimple plugin tabs.

triguy8445
Occasional Contributor

Not all vCenter logins see the Nimple plugin tabs.

These logins have the Admin Role.  Ideas?  Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14
mblumberg16
Respected Contributor

Hi Mark, what plugin is it, the web or thick client?

Thanks,

Moshe.   

triguy8445
Occasional Contributor

Both clients.  My ESX admin is working through the proper vCenter security.

jzygmunt70
Valued Contributor

This may not be your issue, but I have seen cases in the thick client where the user won't see the client plugin tab if they haven't logged into the vcenter client using the fully qualified domain name of the vcenter server.  Try using the fully qualified name to see if it helps.

chris24
Respected Contributor

Jonathan has a valid point, ensure the other users log in with the same DNS entry into VC as that which you used to register the plugin.

rhcjmo136
Occasional Contributor

I'm having a similar issue, but I cannot see the Nimble tab at all after upgrading to 6.5.

We had a vcenter 5.5U3 environment, and I ran the VCSA migration tool to migrate & update to the virtual appliance 6.5.  I unregistered the plugin for the old version, then re-registered upon updating Nimble to 3.7.  In the new web interface, I cannot see anything related to Nimble, even with the admin account that has full access in Roles ACL.

Chilly_C
Occasional Advisor

I see this as well in VMware 6.5.  Not sure what the issue is but will dig deeper.

triguy8445
Occasional Contributor

I've tried the vCenter hostname, IP, and FQDN.  Thick client and web.  No luck and my ESX admin can't figure it out.

rhcjmo136
Occasional Contributor

I was able to locate some Nimble functions by right-clicking on a datastore and at the bottom there appears the "Nimble Storage Actions", but there's no general overview of the Nimble data.

mamatadesaiNim
HPE Blogger

Would you be able to post some screenshots for us, and possibly information from the MOB?  For the mob, go to https://vcenter-ip/mob, navigate to content --> ExtensionManager --> List --> what do you see for com.nimblestorage.*?

HPE Nimble Storage