Application Integration
1753890 Members
7724 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Not all vCenter logins see the Nimple plugin tabs.

triguy8445
Occasional Contributor

looks like its loaded ...

mamatadesaiNim
HPE Blogger

Hi Mark,

Thank you for that update.  Please grab a vc-support bundle, and you could open a support request to provide it to us, we can take a peek to see what's going on.  After doing that, you can try to clean up and re-register the Nimble plugin.  Do you have ssh access to the vCenter server, is this a VCSA?  Here are the steps:

• unregister from the mob: on the mob page, click on UnregisterExtension, put in one string at a time, and Invoke Method.  A void result indicates success.  For the web plugin only, it is "com.nimblestorage.hi", the other one is the thick client plugin.  I believe you can also unregister from the array UI.
  • clean up the plugin from vCenter for flex and html5 with these steps:

service-control --stop vsphere-ui; rm -vfr /etc/vmware/vsphere-ui/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity/com.nimblestorage*; service-control --start vsphere-ui

service-control --stop vsphere-client; rm -vfr /etc/vmware/vsphere-client/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity/com.nimblestorage*; service-control --start vsphere-client

• logout of all vcenter web interfaces.  re-register plugin from the array UI. login to web client and check status.  If plugin still fails to show up, please pick up another vc-support and we can take a look.

Thanks,

Mamata

HPE Nimble Storage
mamatadesaiNim
HPE Blogger

Josh, if there was a page, what would add value for you to see?

HPE Nimble Storage
kvanderveken
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Was this issue resolved for you ?

Because I have the same issue. I need a general overview of all the Nimble data so I can clone a snapshot from within vSphere 6.5 web client.

With right click I can grow datastores, clone etc but can't see the snapshots. This was possible in the 5.5 vSphere fat-client

I use administrator@vsphere.local to log in.

thanks,

Kris

mamatadesaiNim
HPE Blogger

Right click on a Nimble datastore should show you an action called "clone".  Selecting that allows you to create a clone from a new snapshot, or choose an existing snapshot to clone from.Clone from existing snapshotsClone from existing snapshots

From the "configure" tab on a Nimble datastore, all snapshots can be seen.  Selecting one allows you to clone from that snapshot.

All snapshots of a datastoreAll snapshots of a datastore

HPE Nimble Storage