Application Integration
1752802 Members
5855 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Powershell and VMware 6.5x anyone ever got it to work? New-nsvolume ?

John_Aa
Collector

Powershell and VMware 6.5x anyone ever got it to work? New-nsvolume ?

Hello forum.

Do you use Powershell to manage your Nimbl? Create volumes, create and change VMhost access to volumes etc.

I cannot find any documentation for the Powershell Toolkit(PSK) -other that on how to install it- and Nimble Support only refer me to the poor built-in help in the PSK. cmdlets.

No guidelines can be found on how to step-by-step creating Volumes, connecting/disconnecting VMhosts etc via Powershell.

I will be very happy to hear from you, if you have any experience that does not include Rest API.

Kind regards, 

John

3 REPLIES 3
BrianMacDonald
HPE Pro

Re: Powershell and VMware 6.5x anyone ever got it to work? New-nsvolume ?

Here is a link to the latest version of the documentation:

HPE Nimble Storage Windows Integration Guide

HPE Nimble Storage documentation on InfoSight

Brian MacDonald
Senior Manager, Global Storage Business Unit
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
John_Aa
Collector

Hello Brian.

Thank you, the 450 pages whitepaper of the PSTK is easily found, I asked if anybody ever made it work?

The documentation does not include step-by-step guides, how to configure Nimble, the volumes, access lists etc. You only have the commandlets one by one. So you have to figure it out on you own.

I did after seeing how little response this post got, so maybe we are just the only ones trying the PSTK in real life...

wave2453
Occasional Advisor

I am trying to use the PSTK as well. I hit the same issue you did where there wasn't a lot of explanation about the commands. I did some testing and got a script working to build volumes. My current problem is that some of the parameters for the commands aren't recognized.