108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Splunk App For Nimble Storage

SOLVED
Go to solution
avs46
Occasional Contributor

Splunk App For Nimble Storage

I was just wondering if NimbleStorage have an app for Splunk? Kinda similar to what NetApp has: Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP | IT Operations Management | Splunk Apps

9 REPLIES 9
rugby0134
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Splunk app for Nimblestorage

Actually - Nimble is the Only certified storage array for Spunk! Splunk Technology Partners | Splunk

avs46
Occasional Contributor

Re: Splunk app for Nimblestorage

to serve as the storage yes, but NetApp has the application in the apps.splunk.com for health monitoring (Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP | IT Operations Management | Splunk Apps)

I could not find any apps for NiumbleStorage.

edayeh69
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi Alex,

I believe what you get from the Netapp Splunk app is a subset of what you already get for free from Nimble Infosight. The beauty of Infosight is you get richer functionality and data, and there is no app to install and maintain since it is cloud based. Any features we introduce to Infosight will be available to you from day one! We are only just getting started

Regards,

Ezat

avs46
Occasional Contributor

We use Splunk to bring all data from different sources into single platform. Infosight is great, but does not help with data cobsolidation.

mano65

Hi Alex,

Few weeks ago Neil Glick has posted a blog post regarding the syslog server connection feature that does exactly what you need.

It's available here: http://glicksgraymatter.blogspot.co.il/2015/01/nimble-storage-syslog-with-splunk.html

sdaniel47
HPE Pro

Alex --

I'm interested in capturing a set of requirements for a Splunk app.  Please email me as Stephen.Daniel@nimblestorage.com -- I'd like to set up a time to talk.

Thanks.

-- Steve

stuart_kinnear

Stephen

I notice there is now a Splunk App available.

I installed it today - but it's a bit vague on documentation.

I've configured it, but is the only way to see content is to search on the data input?

Stuart

katusavage119
Advisor

Hi Alex,

Here's the link to the Technology Add-On for Splunk Enterprise:

Nimble Storage Technology Add-On for Splunk Enterprise | Splunk Apps

Cheers,

Kat

stuart_kinnear

Thanks Kat

But as I said it's documentation is rather vague.