108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Support for Stor2RRD

SOLVED
Go to solution
davidthor30
Occasional Contributor

Support for Stor2RRD

Hello my name is David and im a Nimblepartner in Iceland. I have many big customer who are using this product called Stor2RRD. Some off them are using Nimblestorage and some are Nimblestorage prospects. They question is if Nimblestorage will have this product supported in the near future or do you plan to have this supported ?

Free storage and SAN performance monitoring for IBM,Hitachi,HPE,NetApp,EMC,Lenovo,Dell,Huawei,PureStorage,Quantum,Brocad… 

6 REPLIES 6
rfenton4
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi David, 

Typically integration with a tool such as this is achieved by the ISV vendor taking the arrays API and then coding the integration and performing the testing/certification to support that device.  Nimble has a fully published and featured API to support these efforts and is in fact used by a lot of our 3rd party integrations.   If you have any contacts at Stor2RDD then I'll happily discuss this with them and introduce them to our Alliances and Solutions teams that support this type of development and integration 

Cheers

Rich

davidthor30
Occasional Contributor

Hello Rick and thank you for your answer. I actually do have a contact and i know they are very interested in this project.. The person who is working on this fron Stor2rrd side is Pavel Hampl, the email is the general one : support@stor2rrd.com

They have been in contact with HPE so hopefully you can assist on this

Pave
Regular Visitor

Hi,

we at stor2rrd need only Nimble simulator, nothing else.

The request is on its way, it hopefully going to be approved by HPE soon.

rfenton4
Honored Contributor

Excellent.  One minor point the 'simulator' is a Virtual Array so it will function (to API's) just like a regular array. 

Please let me know if the process stalls my email address if Private Info Erased

Cheers

Rich

Pave
Regular Visitor

Hi,

we are already working with the latest Nimble VSA simulator, but we are not able get performance data through REST API although it should be there as per docu.

We can get configuration data only.

I have found a thread here that this was not supported yet a year ago:  https://community.hpe.com/t5/Application-Integration/Is-it-possible-to-get-performance-data-via-the-REST-api/td-p/6982682

Can anyone confirm that simulator supports REST API performance data collection?

Thanks!

Pave
Regular Visitor

Hi,

just to finish that thread, stor2rrd Nimble support was released this week.

http://www.stor2rrd.com/Support-Isilon-DataDomain-Infinibox-Nimblei-Eternus.htm