Application Integration
1752805 Members
5488 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Use Rest API to claim volume on downstream partner after deleting volume collection

OldeGregg
Occasional Collector

Use Rest API to claim volume on downstream partner after deleting volume collection

Hello. We have four Nimble arrays, and I'm scripting out some processes using cURL. Everything's working well so far, except I get stuck when I try to delete the volume on the downstream partner.

So far I can:

• Create a volume
  • Create a volume collection
  • Associate the volume to the collection
  • Apply an ACR to the volume
  • Set the volume offline (upstream)
  • Dissociate the volume from the collection (upstream)
  • Delete the volume (upstream)

At this point, if I do "Claim" volume on the downstream partner, I can proceed with the other cleanup steps that follow, deleting the volume.

However, I can't figure out how to do "claim" using the API, or change the "owned_by_group" and "owned_by_group_id" values, which are changed by claim. I read another post saying that you need to promote the volume collection on the downstream partner first, but that seems to unnecessarily complicatet things. Can anyone help? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
mamatadesaiNim
HPE Blogger

Re: Use Rest API to claim volume on downstream partner after deleting volume collection

That is correct.  Use a PUT on volumes and change "owned_by_group_id".  Example:

curl -k -i -H "X-Auth-Token: your-auth-token" -d '{"data": {"owned_by_group_id": "downstream-group-id"}}' -X PUT https://array-IP:5392/v1/volumes/volume-id

HPE Nimble Storage