108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: properly unmounting or removing datastore using the nimble plugin

SOLVED
Go to solution
vmw9
Frequent Advisor

properly unmounting or removing datastore using the nimble plugin

Is there a procedure to properly unmount and remove a datastore from vsphere using the nimble plugin?

Is this a manual process and I need to manually remove all static target name entries on each host?

prefer not to do this

5 REPLIES 5
gcostea16

Your only option is to delete the datastore.  That will do a clean removal.  From your question it sounds like you would like to only remove the datastore but keep the volume on the array.  Is that correct?

vmw9
Frequent Advisor

not really. I do have the procedure to properly unmount and delete he ds from vsphere via this thread

Unable to Unmount Nimble Volume in VMware

but I wanted to know if the nimble plugin provides a better way to remove the target name to the ds. Do I need to go to each individual host to remove the target name mapping from the iscsi adapter?

gcostea16

The nimble vcplugin does have the delete option which will remove the target name mapping from each host's iSCSI adapter.

vmw9
Frequent Advisor

I do not see the option to delete. The nimble plugin is only showing via datastores

virat88
Solution

You can select a datastore from the list and click the 'trash can' icon at the top. See screenshot below

delete datastore.PNG