Around the Storage Block
1748180 Members
4372 Online
108759 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
CalvinZito

3PAR on InfoSight is here - and I have a demo of cross stack analytics!

HPE 3PAR on InfoSight cross stack analytics demo.jpgWe first talked about HPE 3PAR StoreServ storage on HPE InfoSight last year and if memory serves me correctly, that was at Discover in June. Just before Discover in Madrid we gave details and said it would be available soon. It is now available and I'm excited to share a demo with you. 

In this demo, you'll see a particular part of HPE InfoSight: cross stack analytics for VMware. This is pretty cool stuff that doesn't require any additional licenses (money) to get the type of insights you'll see in this demo. And as I said in the demo, this just scratches the surface with a couple of things we can drill down into with cross stack analytics.

So without further ado or bloviating, here's the demo!

Related information

A few related things you can check out:

• Check out the blog post with a podcast I did with the "Father" of InfoSight Rod Bagg and InfoSight expert David Wang. Really, it's a very good podcast with lots of context about InfoSight. 
  • David had an InfoSight-focused blog post a few weeks ago that gave his insights from recent customer discussions and has a few short videos from Discover with both himself and Rod Bagg. 
  • If you're not familiar with the basics of InfoSight, check out the ChalkTalk I did that gives a good intro. 
  • You can read all the InfoSight blog posts on ATSB by clicking on the "InfoSight" label that is below the blog post (click forward to the letter I) or I'll make it easy for you and just click this to get them all!

Finally, in somewhat related news, I just learned that I have been named a VMware vExpert for the eighth year in a row. It's a great community of people helping each other and it's one of my favorite communities to be a part of - so thanks, VMware and especially to Eric and Corey who manage the vExpert community. 

About the Author

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito, a 34 year veteran in the IT industry and have worked in storage for over 25 years. I am an eight-time VMware vExpert. As an early adopter of social media and active in communities, I've blogged for 9 years. You can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. If you don't follow me on Twitter, do it now! You can also contact me via email

About the Author

CalvinZito

I have worked at HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I'm expanding into other areas of focus at HPE like HPE GreenLake, compute, containers, AI, and more. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage. Find my podcast at https://www.hpe.com/dmn/ATITB