Around the Storage Block
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 Years of 100% uptime with StoreVirtual VSA

HPEStorageGuy

I was up to 184 podcasts over several years and eight months ago, they stopped. That was a mistake. So I've started up my podcast again and #185 is fantastic. 

Earlier this week I saw a post from blogger Bart Heungens. Bart is a consultant and trainer and blogs because he has a passion for technology. His post was about his home lab where he's used HPE StoreVirtual VSA going back to when it was LeftHand Networks VSA, over 7 years ago.  I wanted to understand more about Bart's home lab and talk to him about seven years of 100% uptime.  We're not talking 5 nines, 6 nines - no sir. Bart has never had any downtime in seven years using StoreVirtual VSA. 

Open this link and click on the "View in iTunes" button under my picture.or to subscribe to ATSB Podcast or you can download this podcast by right clicking here and saving the file.

Speaking of StoreVirtual availability, I have some data to share. TechValidate is a company that gathers customer experience data and market research to present it in compelling ways. TechValidate has looked at what features are most valued by StoreVirtual customers. Here's what the data shows.

TechValidate_HA1.jpg

Unfortunately, the blog doesn't support Java script so I have to use a static image. But you can see that 91% of StoreVirtual customers value data availability. 98% of customers said that data availability was important or very important. One of the key technologies that enables this is NetworkRAID. In the podcast, Bart mentioned a blog of his that explains NetworkRAID so here's a link to that.

I think it's fair to say that HPE StoreVirtual is doing exactly what customers expect.

About the Author

vExpert 5 years.png

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito, a 33 year veteran in the IT industry and have worked in storage for 25 years. I have been a VMware vExpert for 5 years. As an early adopter of social media and active in communities, I've blogged for 7 years. I started my "social persona" as HPStorageGuy but with the HP separation, you can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. You can also contact me via email.

0 Kudos
About the Author

HPEStorageGuy

I have worked at HP and now HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.

Events
Read for dates
HPE Webinars - 2019
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more
Read for dates
HPE at 2019 Technology Events
Learn about the technology events where Hewlett Packard Enterprise will have a presence in 2019.
Read more