Around the Storage Block
1753518 Members
4265 Online
108795 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
StorageExperts

A new high-end intelligent storage experience: Timeless Storage for HPE Primera

Learn how Timeless Storage for HPE Primera transforms the ownership experience by delivering storage you can depend on today, tomorrow, and well into the future.

HPE Primera - timeless storage - blog.jpgIt seems that every month or so, I will see an advertisement for a new smartphone with โ€œmust-haveโ€ technology. Iโ€™ll look down at my phone and see that it is functioning perfectly fineโ€”but I still want the latest and greatest thatโ€™s currently being advertised. Iโ€™ll go to the store and replace my existing smartphone with a newer version.

But what if I could get the latest and greatest whenever I wantโ€”and whenever I need it?  Whenever I buy a new smartphone, I need to know that my current version is going to give me the investment protection that I need, as well as the ability to upgrade my features without switching out physical phone. This mentality isnโ€™t limited to just the smartphone industry, but high-end storage as well.

Traditional high-end storage forces customers in to these same tradeoffs. It requires forklift upgrades, additional costs for software features, and the monolithic operating systems inhibit access to new innovation. And most importantly, it offers zero investment protection.  A customer of traditional high-end storage needs to replace the entire system (which is extremely costly) to get the features they need to keep up. 

What if I told you weโ€™ve created a unique storage experience for high-end storage that provides investment protection from disruptive forklift upgrades down the road?  Introducing Timeless Storage for HPE Primera.

What Timeless Storage for HPE Primera is all about

We recently announced HPE Primera, the worldโ€™s most intelligent storage for mission-critical apps that unlocks the agility of the cloud, so you can innovate without compromise.  Built upon proven resiliency and powered by the intelligence of HPE InfoSight, HPE Primera delivers instant access to data with storage that sets up in minutes, upgrades transparently, and is delivered as a service.

A key value prop of HPE Primera is Timeless Storage. Timeless Storage transforms the ownership experience by delivering HPE PrimeraHPE Primerastorage you can depend on today and into the future. This program gives our customers a unique ownership experience for high-end storage. Here are the details:

• Timeless Storage for HPE Primera offers you the opportunity to subscribe to the new HPE Technology Refresh Service and get a non-disruptive storage technology refresh every three years. This means that youโ€™ll get systems upgrades to the latest available technologies that include all necessary supporting hardware and software, installed with zero disruption.  If the hardware upgrade at the 3-year mark doesnโ€™t make sense in your environment, you weโ€™ll work with you on flexible upgrades. Not only does this allow you to keep storage costs predictable and do away with periodic storage purchasing cycles, but you also get a no forklift upgrades. 
  • Along with eliminating forklift upgrades, you also need to eliminate unexpected downtime.  Application uptime is more important today than it has ever been. You need a highly available storage that ensures uptime for your mission-critical applications.  If you experience less than 100% availability, weโ€™ll work with you to resolve the issue and provide financial credit to apply towards a future purchase of HPE Primera products.  Itโ€™s as simple as that. 
  • Timeless Storage for HPE Primera is all about instilling confidence in our customers that theyโ€™ve made the right investment. We give our customers full access to all our software features and enhancements, including HPE InfoSight.  Weโ€™ve uniquely architected the OS to be services-centric. The all-inclusive software licensing structure includes all new and future software for HPE Primera to always keep your storage modern.

Experience HPE Primera now

We believe that once you experience HPE Primera, you will become a satisfied, lifelong customer. Try HPE Primera for 30 days at no risk. If you are not completely satisfied with the benefits and capabilities of HPE Primera as outlined in our product specifications, we will work with you to make things right.

And finally, HPE Primera compaction technologies change the economics of flash and help you get the most out of your systemโ€™s flash capacity while improving media endurance. Store more data per terabyte of capacity and get more for less with better overall efficiency with HPE. Weโ€™ve backed this up with guaranteed compaction ratios for your workloads. Itโ€™s as simple as that.

HPE Primera completely changes the high-end storage game

Timeless Storage for HPE Primera gives you a new high-end storage experience. Unlike buying a smartphone, you know wonโ€™t have to deal with expensive and disruptive upgrade in the future.

Next time Iโ€™m shopping for a smartphone, Iโ€™m going to go with the solution that gives me the most confidence that I am making the right decision for today, tomorrow, and well into the future. Now if only buying that smartphone was as easy a decision as buying HPE Primera with Timeless Storage.

Jenna 2018.jpgMeet Around the Storage Block blogger Jenna Colleran, Product Marketing Manager, HPE Primera.

Storage Experts
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/HPE_Storage
linkedin.com/showcase/hpestorage/
hpe.com/storage

0 Kudos
About the Author

StorageExperts

Our team of Hewlett Packard Enterprise storage experts helps you to dive deep into relevant infrastructure topics.