Around the Storage Block
CalvinZito

A new look for Around the Storage Block

You may have have noticed some changes on Around the Storage Block. I wanted to let you know what we've done so you can find what you're looking for when you visit. There were a couple of big changes. First, we migrated all HPE Storage Tech Insiders Around the Storage Block new look.pngblog articles to ATSB as well as all the HPE SimpliVity and hyperconverged infrastructure articles that used to be on Shifting to Software Defined. 

With the consolidation of all this blog content to ATSB, we now have a new look. If you open the ATSB home page at hpe.com/storage/blog, you'll see there are now four "tabs". 

ATSB Tabs.PNGThe tabs are your roadmap to finding what you're looking for. I think they are very logical but let me quickly tell you what they are:

• ALL: If you want to see everything happening Around the Storage Block, you'll want to go here. This tab combines everything you'll see on the other three remaining tabs in one place in date order. 
  • DATA STORAGE: This is basically what used to be ATSB. This will have high-level content intended to educate you on storage overall and what we are doing at HPE Storage.
  • HYPERCONVERGED: I've mentioned a few times in blogs, podcasts, and videos but in case you missed it, HPE SimpliVity is now part of HPE Storage. Personally, I think it should have been here all along as we in HPE Storage developed the first HCI offering we had when we leveraged StoreVirtual VSA and developed an HCI appliance with that. What you'll also see here along with HPE SimpliVity are an articles related to HPE Nimble Storage dHCI. 
  • TECHNICAL: And by the name and process of elimination, the articles that were on HPE Storage Tech Insiders (STI) have landed in the TECHNICAL tab. These articles are generally written by R&D or Technical Marketing folks and dives into nitty-gritty tech details about our products and solutions. The STI blog is now gone though if you did bookmark articles, you'll get redirected to ATSB. 

I mentioned the Moving to Software Defined blog - this has now become our HPE Ezmeral: Uncut blog. They have tabs on their blogs to point you to the content so check that out. 

I think it will be good having all of our storage blog articles in one place. Let me know what you think!

HPE Discover Virtual Experience

Be sure to register for Discover Virtual Experience. I have a blog post that points you in the right direction so take a look at There's more storage coming on July 8 at Discover Virtual Experience! Right now you can watch all the content we had from the first week of Discover and you'll learn about what is coming next week. With your registration, HPE will donate $10 to your choice of one of 10 featured causes. Join us and give back to organizations helping people, businesses and communities around the world recover from the COVID-19 crisis. Read more about these organizations and the great work they are doing to support COVID-19 recovery around the world. (Terms and conditions apply.)

About The Storage Godfather (formerly HPEStorageGuy)

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito and November 2019 marked 36 years with HP/HPE. I've worked in HPE Storage since 1990. I was recently recognized as a 10 time VMware vExpert. As an early adopter of social media and active participant in communities, I've blogged for over 11 years. I'm also an avid Boise State fan. You can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. If you don't follow me on Twitter, please do it now! You can also contact me via email

Calvin Zito
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/HPE_Storage
linkedin.com/showcase/hpestorage/
hpe.com/storage

0 Kudos
About the Author

CalvinZito

I have worked at HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I'm expanding into other areas of focus at HPE like HPE GreenLake, compute, containers, AI, and more. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage. Find my podcast at https://www.hpe.com/dmn/ATITB