Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accelerate applications with new HP MSA Storage enhancements

HPEStorageGuy

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

By Calvin Zito, @CalvinZito  

vExpert 5 years.png

I'm back after a week off to work on my honey-do list (and I didn't make a lot of progress) and an out-of-town weekend basketball tournament. Today I have some exciting HP MSA Storage news - what a fun way to return to work!

Here's a summary of what's new:

1. A firmware upgrade to the MSA 2040 increases performance by up to 45% - and that's a free upgrade to firmware version GL210! A simple firmware update optimizes SSD performance for up to 122,000 IOPs*.
  2. The MSA 1040 now has 6Gb/12Gb SAS connectivity to application servers. This removes the need to have SAN infrastructure. With an entry price point of $7000 (US List Price), this is the lowest price SAS entry array in the industry (from a tier-1 system provider).
  3. There is now an MSA 2040 ENERGY STAR certified SKU. Of course ENERGY STAR is a program to reduce energy consumption and carbon footprint. The ENERGY STAR certified MSA 2040 is available now and starts at $10,970 US List Price.

The MSA is Simple!

I just wrapped up a set of videos that include a few demos that show just how easy the MSA is to manage. I took those videos and put links to each of them in one YouTube video.  So you can watch this one video and then click on any of the videos you want to see.  The four videos I have show the following:

1. The dashboard simplicity of the MSA Storage Management
  2. Provisioning storage
  3. Mapping storage to host(s)
  4. Avoiding issues as you grow
  5. And as a bonus, I have my latest MSA overview ChalkTalk

Here's that video.

You can learn more about MSA Storage at hp.com/go/MSA.   

* Based on comparison of GL200 code release to GL210 prerelease code on MSA 2040 FC with SSDs. Based on internal testing comparing GL200 code release to GL210 release, HP MSA 2040 systems with SSDs can benefit from up to 45 percent greater random read performance and up to 122,000 IOPs using an 8k block size and resulting in an average latency of 30 milliseconds or less.

0 Kudos
About the Author

HPEStorageGuy

I have worked at HP and now HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.