Around the Storage Block
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: All-Flash Storage Market Position: Unspinning the Spin

Joe Sobeski

Jorge - nice article. I started reading it without knowing who wrote it but I knew it was you. I guess I know your style.  Anyway, thanks for keeping everyone honest. Regardless of what the numbers say, Pure is number one in mindshare when it comes to all flash. For that I commend them. Although that mind share comes with a very large price tag.

0 Kudos
About the Author

Joe Sobeski

Comments
Joachim Blum

No doubt HPE is growing. I'm not sure, why you pick in Pure. Reading your numbers, Pure is also growing.

HPE 305 Mio$ (3Q2015) to 321 Mio$ (3Q2016) => 16 Mio gain

Pure 92 Mio$ (3Q2015) to 146 Mio$ (3Q2016) => 54 Mio gain

All the others are shrinking. 

Make a fair fight in the marketplace.... ask all the HPE customers to invite Pure for the POC. Then customers can directly compare... just be a fair sports man

Big_J

@Joachim Blum

I'm not sure if you read the entire blog but you should read it again.  I specifically point out that I'm RESPONDING to Pure's blog and most definitely NOT picking on them. 

To your point, both companies are growing.  Pure is growing 10% less than the market--and is in regression.  We're growing about 2X the market.  So there is a BIG difference there.

We do agree on your last point--which is my final point as well.  No talk.  Just PoC.

Joe Sobeski

Jorge - nice article. I started reading it without knowing who wrote it but I knew it was you. I guess I know your style.  Anyway, thanks for keeping everyone honest. Regardless of what the numbers say, Pure is number one in mindshare when it comes to all flash. For that I commend them. Although that mind share comes with a very large price tag.

Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more