Around the Storage Block
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banking on the power of converged storage and networking

HPEStorageGuy

By Calvin Zito, @CalvinZito on Twitter 

Does this scenario sound at all familiar? Your execs need analytic reports to be available first thing in the morning but as your SANs reach performance limits, delays interupt timely delivery. Meanwhile, your IT team is spending up to seven hours per week managing cluster performance issues.

So what happens when a federal credit union faced IT workload challenges like these? Emulex CU blog post.png

In this case, the credit union chose an infrastructure solution deploying HP StoreFabric 16Gb Host Bus Adapters (HBAs), HP Converged Network Adapters and HP ProLiant DL380 Servers.

As a result, one of the (now much happier) network engineers for the credit union can say, “By deploying HP StoreFabric and HP ProLiant servers for high performance connectivity to LANs and SANs, we reduced report generation time from eight hours to two hours per night.”

You can read more on how this financial services customer is meeting the demanding I/O requirements of applications used during different times of the day in the this case study or this Connect and Converge blog by our partner, Emulex.

Better yet, check out this video on how the HP StoreFabric CNI200E Dual Port Converged Network works. 

0 Kudos
About the Author

HPEStorageGuy

I have worked at HP and now HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.