Around the Storage Block
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Docker Containers with Nimble and HPE Storage

HPEStorageGuy

A hot topic these days is containers. Throw in some buzzwords like DevOps, Cloud Native, Puppet, Chef, and more. At HPE Discover I was able to get a couple HPE and Nimble Storage guys and do my first joint podcast with folks from both Docker with Nimble and HPE Storage.PNGgroups. And the topic was containers. My two guests on the podcast were Srikanth (Srik) Venkata Sheshu, HPE Storage Solutions Manager and Michael Mattsson, Nimble Storage Principal Tech Marketing Engineer, both focused on containers, orchestration, and DevOps. 

Editor's Note: MARK YOUR CALENDAR: On February 22, 2018, Michael Mattsson hosts a BrightTalk webinar covering Advanced Data Services for Stateful Containers. Join live or on demand afterward.

Here's what we covered in the podcast:

• 0:00 - 1:30 Introductions
  • 1:30 - 3:30 Persistent Storage for Docker
  • 3:30 - 9:10  Why HPE and Nimble Storage for Docker?
  • 9:10 - 11:15 What are customers saying about Docker and HPE?
  • 11:15 - 15:30 What are the kinds of questions about storage for Docker that users should be asking?
  • 15:30 - 17:25 Docker certified persistent storage plug-in
  • 17:25 - 22:20  What other storage considerations are there for Docker (e.g. orchestration) 
  • 22:20 - 23:00 How to get Docker plug-in
  • 23:00 - 23:20 Wrap-up

Here's a link to the podcast.  

You can either right click and download the MP3 file or if you click on the link, it should open and play in a browser. To subscribe to the podcast, open this link and click on the "View in iTunes" button under my picture. If you don't use iTunes, you can find my podcast on TalkShoe.com.  

Learn more

There are a few blog posts on nimblestorage.com and on ATSB that I want to point you to where you can learn more. There's also a Docker community on NimbleConnect (Nimble community site). 

About the Author

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito, a 34 year veteran in the IT industry and have worked in storage for over 25 years. I am a six-time VMware vExpert. As an early adopter of social media and active in communities, I've blogged for 9 years. You can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. If you don't follow me on Twitter, do it now! You can also contact me via email

0 Kudos
About the Author

HPEStorageGuy

I have worked at HP and now HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.

Events
June 18 - 20
Las Vegas, NV
HPE Discover 2019 Las Vegas
Learn about all things Discover 2019 in  Las Vegas, Nevada, June 18-20, 2019
Read more
Read for dates
HPE at 2019 Technology Events
Learn about the technology events where Hewlett Packard Enterprise will have a presence in 2019.
Read more