Around the Storage Block
1748139 Members
3656 Online
108758 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
CalvinZito

Focusing on predictive: HPE InfoSight podcast

What is predictive? And why is it important? 

Predictive with HPE InfoSight blog.jpgIn a recent post, I shared a ChalkTalk that looked at the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Storage Point of View (POV).  I talked about the three pillars of the POV:

1. Predictive
  2. Timeless
  3. Cloud ready

Today I want to focus on the predictive pillar. The key to what we're doing around predictive is HPE InfoSight. I have a podcast with a couple of people who I could talk to for hours on the topic:

• Rod Bagg is the VP of Analytics and Customer Support. I'd say he is the "father" of InfoSight.
  • David Wang is Director of Product Marketing and is focused on InfoSight. 

Here's what we covered in the podcast:

• 00:00 - 01:00 Introductions
  • 01:00 - 04:25 What customer challenges were you trying to address with InfoSight
  • 04:25 - 06:50 What results are customers seeing with InfoSight
  • 06:50 - 09:50 How has InfoSight transformed customer support
  • 09:50 - 13:10 What is the new InfoSight Recommendations Engine
  • 13:10 - 16:30 What sets HPE InfoSight apart from what competitors
  • 16:10 - 21:00 Extending InfoSight to 3PAR and beyond
  • 21:00 - 23:15 How will InfoSight continue to improve support
  • 23:15 - 24:35 Vision for an autonomous data center
  • 23:25 - 26:00 Wrap-up

Here's the podcast (either click on the link to play it now or right click and save it). 

To subscribe to the podcast, open this link and click on the "View in iTunes" button under my picture. If you don't use iTunes, you can find my podcast on TalkShoe.com and it has just been added to Google Play Music as well On Google, you'll get "invited" to try Google Play Music for 30 days - just click "no thanks" to get past this and get to the podcast.

I talked to a long-time HPE Storage engineer yesterday who is part of the 3PAR PEAK team that Rod talked about in the podcast. Wiley Thrasher has a long history working with storage device management and he gave me a bit of a tour of InfoSight for 3PAR. After spending about an hour giving me a tour, I want to do a few demo videos to show you some tips and tricks so that's something I've added to my to-do list!

About the Author

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito, a 34 year veteran in the IT industry and have worked in storage for over 25 years. I am a seven-time VMware vExpert. As an early adopter of social media and active in communities, I've blogged for 9 years. You can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. If you don't follow me on Twitter, do it now! You can also contact me via email

About the Author

CalvinZito

I have worked at HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I'm expanding into other areas of focus at HPE like HPE GreenLake, compute, containers, AI, and more. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage. Find my podcast at https://www.hpe.com/dmn/ATITB