Around the Storage Block
1753914 Members
8729 Online
108810 Solutions
New Article
CalvinZito

Get more on the new HPE XP8 Storage including a Chalk Talk!

A little over a month ago I shared the news when we announced the new HPE XP8 Storage. The announcement we did 

ATSB Chalk Talk new HPE XP8 Storage.jpgwas a little ahead of availability of the new platform. But not we have dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's including pages on hpe.com updated with the latest information. 

I hadn't done a Chalk Talk when we announced the XP8 but I just finished it up so wanted to share it along with a few things that are now on hpe.com to help you dive deeper into the XP8. 

So here's the XP8 Chalk Talk. 

More on hpe.com

As I mentioned, now that the XP8 is available, there are resources on hpe.com that weren't available in October.  Let me share a few of them with you:

• The place to start is the XP family page. The URL is hpe.com/storage/XP8. If you scroll down the page a bit, you'll see five boxes labeled: Fast, Agile, Intelligent, Resilient, and HPE GreenLake. I talk about these in the Chalk Talk but click on each to get a bit more.  Go a bit further down the page and you'll see a large sub-heading that reads Engineered for Availability and High Performance. Hover over the product image and check out the pop-up boxes that give more infor about the XP8. 
  • The family page has high-level information. The XP8 product page has more. To get to it there's a button further down the page that says "Buy now". I think that's kind of funny - if you buy an XP8 from the website, please contact me as I have some garage sale items I want to sell too! 
  • In the Chalk Talk, I mentioned that one of the resources I recommend reading is the XP8 QuickSpecs. There is just too much to talk about the XP8 in a short Chalk Talk so check out the QuickSpecs to read more about the hardware specs and software for the platform. 
  • Available from the XP8 product page is the 100% data availability guarantee program brochure. I mention the guarantee in the Chalk Talk but you can read the details about it in the brochure. 
  • There's also a brochure for the XP8 Compression Guarantee program.

About HPE Storage Guy (aka The Storage Godfather)

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito and November 16, 2018 marked 35 years with HP/HPE.I had worked in HP Storage for 9 years BEFORE we announced the first generation of the XP Storage! I was recognized as a 9 time VMware vExpert. As an early adopter of social media and active in communities, I've blogged for over 10 years. I'm also an avid Boise State fan. You can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. If you don't follow me on Twitter, please do it now! You can also contact me via email

Calvin Zito
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/HPE_Storage
linkedin.com/showcase/hpestorage/
hpe.com/storage

0 Kudos
About the Author

CalvinZito

I have worked at HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I'm expanding into other areas of focus at HPE like HPE GreenLake, compute, containers, AI, and more. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage. Find my podcast at https://www.hpe.com/dmn/ATITB