Around the Storage Block
1748019 Members
4433 Online
108757 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
CalvinZito

Re: Get your storage on at HPE Discover

HPE Discover will get going in Las Vegas in about a week (as I write this). I usually have a blog post helping people who are coming to Discover how to get the most out of the event if you are interested in storage. The HPE Discover Las Vegas_blog sized.jpgbest resource I can point you to is our eAgenda. The storage eAgenda nicely summarizes all of the storage happenings at Discover. In this post, I'll call out a few things from the eAgenda but if you're coming to Las Vegas, I highly recommend you download the eAgenda and have it on your phone. 

Download the HPE Discover Storage eAgenda PDF

Spotlight on the spotlight session

Besides the keynote with HPE CEO Anotonio Neri, the one session that everyone at Discover should attend (unless you have no interest in storage or infrastructure) is the Storage Spotlight. It will in fact immediately follow the keynote on Tuesday June 18th at 4:30 - 5:30 PM. If you want to add it to your Discover Agenda on line, use this link: SL8619.  

The Welcome Reception will start at 5:30 in the Transformation Showcase (demo area) right after the Storage Spotlight. If you drop by the storage neighborhood (in the Hybrid Cloud Pavilion) at Demo1834, our leadership team will be there to talk to you. There are also some special things going on that you'll have to stop by to see. There will also be a raffle with prizes and you can grab a wristband to attend the Storage celebration that will be Tuesday night from 9 PM - midnight at the Intrigue Nightclub in the Wynn Hotel. The Storage team throws the best parties so you won't want to miss it - plus I'll be there!!

Sessions and demos

Here are all of the Storage and Big Data & Analytics sessions at Discover.

Tuesday June 18th

• B8576: HPE InfoSight: AI-driven operations for hybrid cloud. Speakers: Rochna Dhand. Time: 9 - 10 AM. 
  • B8586: Data management for containers at scale and velocity. Speakers: Jeff Martin, Srikanth Venkataseshu.  Time: 9 - 10 AM. 
  • B8582: Connect Tech Forum: How to make the most of your HPE 3PAR storage investment with file services and virtualization. Speakers: Heinz Hermann Adam, Calvin Zito (yup, that's me!). Time: 11 AM - 12 PM (NOTE: Content catalog says this ends at 11:30; it is an hour session). 
  • B8585: Reduce risk and improve ROI with intelligent data protection from HPE Storage. Speakers: Simon Watkins. Time: 10:30 - 11:30 AM. 
  • SL8619: Transform your business with the Intelligent Data Platform. Speakers: Milan Shetti, Sandeep Singh. Time: 4:30 - 5:30 PM.

Wednesday June 19th

• B8572: Breakthrough innovation in primary storage. Speakers: David Wang, Phill Gilbert. Time: 9 - 10 AM. 
  • B8583: Does โ€œInnovation-as-a-Serviceโ€ sound like an impossibility? Learn why Fortune 500 companies turn to HPE to make AI a reality. Speaker: Patrick Osborne. Time: 10:30 - 11:30 AM. 
  • PNL8579: The Intelligent Data Platform: Panel discussion with IDC and HPE customers. Speaker: Beth Joseph. Time: 10:30 - 11:30 AM. 
  • T8588: Accelerate innovation in the enterprise with distributed ML / DL on GPUs. Speaker: Anant Chintamaneni. Time: 12 - 12:30 PM.
  • B8589: The power and intelligence of HPE 3PAR and HPE Nimble Storage. Speakers: Panagiotis (Nick) Triantos, Gokul Sathiacama. Time: 1:30 - 2:30 PM.
  • B8577: Leap forward and defy limits with new intelligence for VMware. Speakers: Eric Siebert. Time: 3 - 4 PM. 
  • B9760: Delivering real private cloud at any scale. Speakers: Dheeraj Konidena, Greg Caetano. Time: 4:30 - 5:30 PM.
  • T8587: Leveraging hybrid cloud for your containerized workloads. Speakers: Dianne Gonzalez. Time: 5:00 - 5:30 PM.

Thursday, June 20th

• B8584: HPE Cloud Data Services: Run any workload on any cloud. Speakers: Ashish Prakash. Time: 10:30 - 11:30 AM.

And here are all of the demos that include Storage or Big Data & Analytics. 

• DEMO1834: HPE InfoSight: AI-driven operations for hybrid cloud.
  • DEMO1832: Learn how HPE Nimble Storage radically simplifies enterprise flash storage and
    goes beyond 99.9999%.
  • DEMO1837: No more data blindness: Scale-out NAS made simple and intelligent using HPE Apollo 4200 Server with Qumulo.
  • DEMO1831: Optimizing Hybrid IT data protection for the intelligent enterprise.
  • DEMO1830: HPE Apollo 4000 systems - The most flexible platforms for scale-out block, file,
    and object Software-Defined Storage needs.
  • DEMO1838: HPE 3PAR Storage and HPE Nimble Storage with Kubernetes and containers for hybrid and public cloud.
  • DEMO1839: HPE Cloud Data Services - Run any workload on any cloud.
  • DEMO1836: #1 VVols solution for VMwareยฎ with VM-aware intelligence, simplified management and zero compromises.
  • DEMO1304: BlueData: turnkey container-based software platform for AI / machine learning /
    deep learning and big data analytics.
  • DEMO905: Mission-critical infrastructure for the data-driven enterprise.

And let's not forget....

We also have a couple other learning opportunities at Discover:

• Living Labs are interactive labs with solutions from HPE that you can take in less than an hour. The labs are around HPE Nimble Storage setup and administration, 3PAR administration, and HPE InfoSight for 3PAR and Nimble Storage. Here's where you can find the Living Labs in the Discover online catalog.
  • There are also lots of Hands-on-Labs that have limited citing. There are too many to name them all (there are 10) but you can find and sign up for the HOL in the Discover online catalog
  • There are self-guided and Tech Walk tours that you can take in the Transformation Showcase (demo) area. Check out the Self-Guided Tours and the Tech Walks with the links I've given you. 

See you in Las Vegas at Discover 2019!

About HPE Storage Guy (aka The Storage Godfather)

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito and November 16, 2018 marks 35 years with HP/HPE. I've worked in HPE Storage since 1990. I was just recognized as a 9 time VMware vExpert. As an early adopter of social media and active in communities, I've blogged for 10 years. You can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. If you don't follow me on Twitter, do it now! You can also contact me via email

Calvin Zito
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/HPE_Storage
linkedin.com/showcase/hpestorage/
hpe.com/storage

About the Author

CalvinZito

I have worked at HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I'm expanding into other areas of focus at HPE like HPE GreenLake, compute, containers, AI, and more. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage. Find my podcast at https://www.hpe.com/dmn/ATITB

Comments
Nasir Rashid

Any plans to extends it to Asia or Pakistan? or even Discover happening around asia?

I don't have details handy but we are doing country events that are called Discover More. They have been happening all over the world, including in Asia. I don't think they are in Pakistan but you should talk to your HPE rep to find where the closest one is and the timing. 

And apologies for the late reply. ATSB was overrun with spam and couldn't easily find real comments among the spam. Thanks!