Around the Storage Block
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HP ProLiant SL4500 for Big Data

‎01-14-2013 02:43 PM - edited ‎02-13-2016 09:15 PM

Headshot 100X100.jpgBy Calvin Zito, @HPStorageGuy  vexpert 2012 logo.gif

Prior to HP Discover, my server brethren announced the HP ProLiant SL4500 - a new server based product that was positioned for "big data".  I was working to get a podcast with a couple of guys on the team when we realized that we'd all be at HP Discover together so I offered to do a video with them in their booth.  That turned out to be a great choice because seeing is believing - or I should say understanding. 

At Discover, I talked with Charles Hanna who manages the Smart Storage engineering team and Nigel Church, part of the ProLiant marketing team.  Both Charles and Nigel wrote blogs introducing the SL4500:

Here's the video I did with them at HP Discover.

Lastly, check out the SL4500 page at

0 Kudos
About the Author

I have worked at HP and now HPE for 32 years, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.

Nov 29 - Dec 1
Discover 2016 London
Learn how to thrive in a world of digital transformation at our biggest event of the year, Discover 2016 London, November 29 - December 1.
Read more
Each Month in 2016
Software Expert Days - 2016
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more