Around the Storage Block
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HP Storage at VMware PEX and a Insight Control demo

on ‎02-07-2014 02:40 PM

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpgBy Calvin Zito, @HPStorageGuy  vexpert 2012 logo.gif

Next week is VMware Partner Exchange (PEX) and I'm really looking forward to it.  You've heard me talk about how much I value being with the technology community and the virtualization community is one of the ones I enjoy the most.  In fact, my passion for social media really took off after I attended a VMworld a few years ago and was asked to be a guest on a VMware Community Podcast. 

I'm guessing of everyone reading this, only a few of you are going to PEX since it is a partner only event.  So for those of you that aren't VMware (or HP) partners, I have a pretty cool demo video I just finished.  This is the latest version of HP Insight Control for VMware vCenter.  There's a free HP Storage plug-in that works with vCenter as well called HP Insight Control Storage Module and there's a new version of it, v 7.3.0.  This demo shows me installing Insight Control and giving a quick tour of it. 

You can learn more about HP Insight Control for VMware vCenter at

Catching up with HP at VMware PEX

First, and foremost, I want to tell you about the HP Partner and Community Appreciation Party.  It's happen Monday night.  My fellow vExpert at HP Storage Eric Siebert and I helped pull this together and it's usually a highlight for me because its a great opportunity to catch up with folks in the community.  Check out the details and RSVP ( website).

Also on Monday is our Boot Camp.  This is an all day session where we'll cover both sales and technical information for our partners.  Last I heard, there was room for a few more people and you can RSPV for our Boot Camp ( 

The "Hall Crawl" is always a great time - this is a bit of a party inside the VMware PEX Solution Exchange.  Not many companies sponsored the Hall Crawl but HP is one of them.  That means if you stop by our booth (#101) you can share some refreshments and engage with us.  It's Tuesday night so please join us!

There's also a breakout session I want to highlight titled, Get Your Customers on the Fast Track:  HP ConvergedSystem Provides the Fastest Path to Virtualization.  The aforementioned Eric Siebert will be co-presenting this session with Jeff Carlat from our Converged Systems team.   It's session number 3666-SPO in the PEX schedule builder so sign up for that too!

Looking forward to a great week in San Francisco!

About the Author

I have worked at HP and now HPE for 32 years, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.

on ‎02-07-2014 05:05 PM

Great demo. Looking forward to seeing sione of the provisioning from vCenter. 

I am finally getting to try StoreVirtual VSA .  Looking at it as solution for a number of remote offices. Love it so far

on ‎02-09-2014 11:45 PM

Hey Dave - check out the next video I just published; has a demo of expanding a datastore that is overprovisioned.  Easy!

Nov 29 - Dec 1
Discover 2016 London
Learn how to thrive in a world of digital transformation at our biggest event of the year, Discover 2016 London, November 29 - December 1.
Read more
Each Month in 2016
Software Expert Days - 2016
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more