Around the Storage Block
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPE Infrastructure Execs Q&A with Discover Bloggers

HPEStorageGuy

Discover 2016 blogger briefing.jpg

At Discover, one of the things we do as part of the independent blogger program is something we call "coffee talks". These are sessions we do that are exclusively for the bloggers and are hosted by HPE executives and subject matter experts. At Discover last week, we decided to do a combined coffee talk with HPE Storage and Converged Datacenter Infrastructure (CDI) business units. The HPE speakers were Manish Goel, SVP and GM of HPE Storage and Ric Lewis, SVP and GM of CDI. The format is a Q&A with the bloggers.

Here's what was covered in the discussion:

• 00:00 - 03:10 Introductions and industry perspective from Manish and Ric
  • 03:10-07:45 Ric Lewis gives overview of CDI news
  • 07:45-09:30 Manish gives overview of 3PAR news
  • 09:30-12:45 Manish discusses Composable Data Fabric strategy and addresses two storage designs: system designed and software defined 
  • 12:45-15:15 Ric answers what will data centers look like in the future (public cloud, private cloud, on-premises) 
  • 15:15-19:20 Manish and Rick discuss their views of Microsoft Azure Private Cloud
  • 19:20-26:50 Discussion around the relevance of hybrid and hyper-converged infrastructure to mid-size customers and general discussion about public and private cloud
  • 26:50-30:00 Discussion about industry dynamics that are driving customers to full stack consumption (orchestration and automation)
  • 30:00-34:15 Discussion around bundling Docker with HPE Servers
  • 34:15-39:00 Composable infrastructure and OneView management applied to supporting hardware
  • 39:00-50:30 More discussion around collapsing stack and Hewlett Packard Labs "The Machine" (persistent memory), workload, technologies, and consumption models
  • 50:30-53:15 Docker and development discussion

This is a "must listen" podcast. 

Click here to listen to the podcast.

You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, open this link and click on the "View in iTunes" button under my picture. Download this podcast by right clicking the link and save the file.

About the Author

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito, a 33 year veteran in the IT industry and have worked in storage for 25 years. I recently wasvExpert 2016.jpg  named a VMware vExpert for the sixth consecutive year. As an early adopter of social media and active in communities, I've blogged for 8 years. I started my "social persona" as HPStorageGuy but with the HP separation, you can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. You can also contact me via email.

0 Kudos
About the Author

HPEStorageGuy

I have worked at HP and now HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.

Events
June 18 - 20
Las Vegas, NV
HPE Discover 2019 Las Vegas
Learn about all things Discover 2019 in  Las Vegas, Nevada, June 18-20, 2019
Read more
Read for dates
HPE at 2019 Technology Events
Learn about the technology events where Hewlett Packard Enterprise will have a presence in 2019.
Read more