Around the Storage Block
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPE Storage Emerging a Leader

HPEStorageGuy

Enterprise data storage has been a wild ride over the past several years, and we’re seeing large shifts in both technology and business models. With dominating trends in cloud, Numer 1 in data storage.jpgmobility, big data, and social media, the IT department has become the cornerstone of success in harnessing these opportunities. Exciting times indeed!

I’ve been beating the HPE drum for over 5 years, explaining how bullish I am about what we’re doing in the storage market. I could see the writing on the wall when we set our vision around Converged Storage. And then bringing 3PAR into our portfolio was like throwing kerosene on the fire.

I’m encouraged and reinvigorated by the many analyst reports that substantiate why HPE Storage is leading in the space, so I’m writing this post to share those findings along with links to the full reports (complimentary) for easy one-stop-shopping. So let’s dig in!

Performance Benchmarks and Industry Rankings
There are more industry reports than anyone can keep up with – and some of them you can’t access unless you pay for them. Here are a few leading reports for you to check out and I’ve highlight where HPE Storage was ranked.

Primary Storage

Data Protection

Rubber, Meet Road
What does HPE’s leadership mean to anyone evaluating the many storage vendor solutions? Customers have noticed and it shows in results that are reported about the storage industry:IDC Q4 Storage Market Share.png

• HPE’s  all-flash array  revenue achieved the fastest growth rate in 2015, according to the latest IDC Worldwide Quarterly Enterprise Storage Systems Tracker 4Q15. And that growth has propelled 3PAR all-flash into the top tier of all-flash vendors.
  • Chris Mellor of The Register wrote an article about the IDC Worldwide Quarterly Enterprise Storage Systems Tracker, March 11 2016. Chris titled the article “IDC storage tracker: The report's out. Vendors are losing it”. I love the subtitle he used – “Abacus-stroker says only HPE and 'others' are gaining share”. And we’ve gained share for 8 consecutive quarters! This graph from the report (with my colored arrows for emphasis) tells the story. 

I hope you can see from just a sampling of what the industry is saying and the results we’ve seen why I’ve been so bullish on HPE Storage. I will leave you with a quote from a happy customer I met at Discover who recently replaced EMC with HPE:

We switched to HPE storage after outgrowing the performance capabilities of our existing storage. We were blown away by the increase in performance and simplicity. Our only regret is that we didn't do it sooner."

-Trevor Jackson, Director, IT Infrastructure & Architecture, SOCAN (Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada)

Learn more

If you're a Dell or EMC customer, here's a page that can help point you in the right direction. 

About the Author

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito, a 33 year veteran in the IT industry and have worked in storage for 25 years. I recently wasvExpert 2016.jpg  named a VMware vExpert for the sixth consecutive year. As an early adopter of social media and active in communities, I've blogged for 8 years. I started my "social persona" as HPStorageGuy but with the HP separation, you can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. You can also contact me via email.

• 3PAR
  • all flash
  • StoreOnce
About the Author

HPEStorageGuy

I have worked at HP and now HPE for 32 years, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.

Comments
T Buis

Wow, to leave a Kudo I had to link to my LinkedIn Account and then enter my HP Passport password.  No wonder that I seem to have been the only one so far to do that. 

HPEStorageGuy

The feature of using other social log-ins is new.  I'm guessing this was your first time using LinkedIn to sign in, right? You won't have to do that again. Passport ID can't possibly connect the dots between your LinkedIn account and Passport unless you make that connection. Once is all you have to do it.  I just signed in with LinkedIn and didn't have to touch my Passport ID. 

Thanks for the kudos - hope you're well Ted!

Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more