Around the Storage Block
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPE and Nimble Storage at VeeamON

HPEStorageGuy

It's time to get your Veeam On, or I should say for VeeamON in New Orleans at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. I've attended the previous VeeamON events in Las Vegas and they were fantastic. Those were both in Las veeamon_banner.jpgVegas. I've never been to New Orleans so I'm really excited about the event this year. 

For customers, the event will start Tuesday night (May 16) with the Welcome Party in the Expo Lounge. HPE and Nimble Storage are attending, together for the first time. Let me hit some of the highlights. 

Keynotes and Sessions

Here's a list of the sessions with HPE and Nimble Storage:

• Re-thinking availability and protection for the next wave of digital disruption. Thursday 10:00 - 10:20. Keynote with HPE VP and GM of Storage Bill Philbin.
  • How to Optimize Your Backups Utilizing Storage Snapshots and Replication for SQL Server. Wednesday 11:15 - 12:15 with presenters from Nimble Storage
  • Veeam Integration with HPE StoreOnce for the All-Flash Data Center. Thursday 11:15 - 12:15 with presenters from HPE and Veeam.
  • How to Put Your Backup Data to Work with Flash-Enabled Secondary Storage. Thursday 11:15 - 12:15 with presenter from Nimble Storage.
  • How to Follow the 3-2-1 Best Practice Data Protection Rule: Ensuring Complete Data Availability with Veeam and HPE Storage. Thursday 14:50-15:50 with presenters from HPE and Nimble Storage. 

Demos in the Expo Area

You will find HPE and Nimble in booth 101. It's a big booth and shouldn't be hard to find but it is next to the entrance to Lab Warz. We'll have demos showing Veeam integration with HPE 3PAR and StoreOnce and Nimble Storage, Some of what we'll be showing is brand new so if you're attending, stop by to get a first look. And if your not attending, I'll have more to say next week. Of course, when do I not have more to say!  

If you want to get your hands on some HPE or Nimble Storage, we'll have our "petting zoo" where you can get an up-close look. 

We'll also be offering a free backup assessment. The Ninja-Protected Plus Backup Analyzer is a software tool that looks at your backup environment and processes. I hear we'll have some giveaways to encourage attendees to sign-up (Starbucks and Amazon gift cards!).  You don't have to be at VeeamON if you want to sign up for the backup assessment or read more about it, check out this post that has all the details

Party!

Party at VeeamOn.pngWednesday night is the first of two party nights. The parties are in the Fulton Street area and HPE and Nimble are the sponsors of one of those parties. We'll be at the Howlin' Wolf from 19:15 - 21:15 and will have the Soul Rebels Brass Band. I found a YouTube video of them performing "Sweet Dreams Are Made of This" and I can't wait to see these guys. Be sure to join us on Wednesday night!

And the VeeamON party will be Thursday night at Generations Hall starting at 18:30. If you enjoy hanging out with the community, both of these will be fabulous!

Veeam Vanguards

If you're not familiar with Veeam Vanguards, it's a group of technologists hand-selected by Veeam who do stellar community work on behalf of Veeam. My long-time industry friend Rick Vanover has a post talking about what the Vanguards are

If you're a Veeam Vanguard and attending VeeamON, don't miss the Vanguard-exclusive session at 13:35 on Tuesday with Nimble Storage where you'll be the first to hear about a new solution with Nimble and Veeam.  We'll have more about this on ATSB next week so stay tuned in for that!

If you're at VeeamON, stop by our HPE and Nimble Storage booth to find me and say hi. If I'm not in the booth, hit me up on Twitter (@CalvinZito) - I'll have Idaho Spuds!

About the Author

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito, a 34 year veteran in the IT industry and have worked in storage for over 25 years. I am a seven-time VMware vExpert. As an early adopter of social media and active in communities, I've blogged for 9 years. You can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. If you don't follow me on Twitter, do it now! You can also contact me via email

0 Kudos
About the Author

HPEStorageGuy

I have worked at HP and now HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.