Around the Storage Block
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPE and Veeam: The power of partnership for Hybrid IT data protection

StorageExpert

“No man is an island.”

HPE and Veeam Power of Partnership_blog.jpgThese are the words of John Donne, a 17th-century English poet from the early 1600s who is considered the pre-eminent representative of the metaphysical poets. This quote is an appropriate metaphor for the power of partnerships and it came to mind when I attended the recent VeeamON Forum UK in London. Let me describe why.

By way of background I should explain that VeeamOn is one of the UK’s premier availability events. As a dyed in the wool storage guy it’s always great for me to experience an event that is 100% focused on availability, data protection and retention. And as an HPE employee I was gratified to see HPE as a platinum sponsor.

After a full day of keynotes, breakout sessions, networking, training and product exhibits, I left the standing-room-only event with two overarching impressions.

Firstly, Veeam continues to be one of the brightest and fastest growing stars in the data protection software firmament. With 255,000 customers worldwide and 13.9 million VMs protected and counting,1 Veeam has achieved critical mass and is taking share. The sweet spot of Veeam’s customer base is expanding from SMB into the midrange and large enterprise and this trend looks set to continue with upcoming advancements within Veeam Availability Suite and Veeam Availability Platform for the Hybrid Cloud.

Secondly, HPE and Veeam’s technology and business partnership—built on a shared vision, complimentary world-class technology and common go-to-market channels—continues to benefit customers and partners.  

And coming full circle, this is why John Donne’s “No man is an island” maxim is relevant.  HPE and Veeam are combining their respective strengths to deliver what is best for our joint customers.

If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.

At HPE, we believe collaboration is critical—where success is defined by the right kind of partnership where collaborative people, empowering technology and transformative ideas come together to carry joint customers further, faster. For our data protection portfolio, we have built a robust partner ecosystem to ensure customers have the expertise, technology, and solutions needed to protect their businesses.

And that’s why a year ago we expanded our long-standing product integration and collaboration with Veeam and announced a business partnership that’s centered on providing customers with joint HPE-Veeam availability solutions that can be easily procured directly from HPE and its resellers as part of the HPE Complete Program.

Including Veeam on the HPE global price list with proven interoperability and reliability for a complete, validated solution, all via one HPE purchase order, has helped drive customer and reseller demand for joint HPE-Veeam solutions. We are seeing strong momentum in the field, deals are closing and the pipeline is growing.

HPE and Veeam deliver comprehensive data protection for Hybrid IT.

HPE and Veeam’s technology collaboration is already bringing innovation to Hybrid IT data protection and is aligned for our customers’ success. Veeam software integration with HPE storage solutions lets you create application-consistent backups from HPE storage snapshots for fast and efficient data protection. For long-term external storage, HPE StoreOnce provides deduplication for efficient storage utilization and fault isolation for data. Veeam can send backups to HPE StoreEver tape storage or to the cloud for long-term off-site data archival. Veeam software availability via the HPE Complete program enables you to source all components of the “3-2-1” best practice data protection ecosystem2 from a single vendor.HPE and Veeam.JPG

Another joint HPE-Veeam solution simplifies your operations with secondary flash. The solution combines Veeam software and the Nimble Secondary Flash Array (SFA) to offer a new type of secondary data storage solution optimized for both capacity and performance. It adds high-performance flash storage to a capacity-optimized architecture for a unique backup and disaster recovery platform that lets you put your backup data to work.

Tight integration with Veeam Backup & Replication has been cited as the #1 reason why customers are buying the new SFA. The ability to access and manage array-based snapshots through the Veeam interface lets backup admins get the benefits of offload processing, without having to become experts in the storage system. It streamlines backup workflows and better assures data protection.

Discover HPE and Veeam solutions in action.

There’s more to these solutions than impressive capabilities and statistics. There are real-world customers that have realized valuable benefits from HPE and Veeam firsthand.

Go here for a closer look at how companies just like yours reduce risk and ensure resilience with end-to-end data protection from Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Veeam Software.

Watch this in-depth interview to learn more.

For more perspectives on the value of the HPE and Veeam partnership for our joint customers, check out this recent interview with myself, Veeam’s UK&I Sales Director and UK publication Computer Business Review.

1 Source – www.veeam.com

2 The 3-2-1 rule of best practice data protection prescribes that you should have three copies of your data, on two different media types, with one copy kept off-site.

Simon Watkins HPE Storage.jpeg

Meet Around the Storage Block blogger Simon Watkins, WW Product Marketing Manager, Data Protection, HPE Storage.

0 Kudos
About the Author

StorageExpert

Our team of Hewlett Packard Enterprise storage experts helps you to dive deep into relevant infrastructure topics.

Labels
Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more