Around the Storage Block
CalvinZito

Hyper-converged infrastructure for "Living on the Edge"!

As the IT industry grappled with COVID-19, one of the first things to happen was physical trade shows were canceled.

My industry colleague Keith Townsend saw an opportunity to help fill the gap with a virtual event, and he quickly pulled HPE SimpliVity at CTO Advisor virtual trade show.jpgtogether the CTO Advisor Virtual Conference. The conference has come and gone - it took place on April 21 - but I wanted to share with you the session I did with Patrick Osborne, the VP and GM of our HPE SimpliVity business.

We had a 15 minute session and I think Patrick and I did a great job of hitting that but we packed a lot into the 15 minutes. During the session we talked about:

• Why is our topic called living on the edge and what is the edge?
  • What are the apps that are running at the edge?
  • What are the challenges on the edge and distributed enterprises?
  • What is it about hyper-converged (HCI) that makes it ideal for the edge and how does support automation help?
  • What is it about HPE SimpliVity that makes it a great solution for the edge?
  • Bring the benefits of HPE SimpliVIty to life with a customer example.

Here's the session I did with Patrick

And again, the conference is over but if you want to check out the other sessions or grab some of the "virtual" brochures we had in our HPE booth, go check it out at the CTO Advisor Virutal Conference.

One last note! HPE Discover is going virtual starting on June 22nd, as both a live and on-demand event. And attending Discover is now free - so be sure to register today. 

About The Storage Godfather (formerly HPEStorageGuy)

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito and November 16, 2019 marked 36 years with HP/HPE. I've worked in HPE Storage since 1990. I was recently recognized as a 9 time VMware vExpert. As an early adopter of social media and active participant in communities, I've blogged for over 10 years. I'm also an avid Boise State fan. You can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. If you don't follow me on Twitter, please do it now! You can also contact me via email

Calvin Zito
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/HPE_Storage
linkedin.com/showcase/hpestorage/
hpe.com/storage

0 Kudos
About the Author

CalvinZito

I have worked at HP and now HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.