Around the Storage Block
1748176 Members
4154 Online
108758 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
StorageExperts

IDC technical paper: Find out why our customers love HPE Scalable Object Storage with Scality RING

Don't ask us. Listen to our customers: Weโ€™re sharing a recent IDC technical paper based on customer interviews looking for insights on the business value of HPE Scalable Object Storage with Scality RING.

HPE Object Storage Scality RING_IDC_blog.jpgOne piece of feedback that I often receive from customers is that most technology vendors focus primarily on product or solution features and technologyโ€”and pay very little attention to solving customer challenges. I always believe discussions with you, the customer, should focus on understanding the challenges you face and how our offerings can help solve these problems. So I ask. . .

Why do you deploy HPE Scalable Object Storage with Scality RING?

What differentiates our solution as compared to the rest of the vendors in the industry? Most vendors promote their object storage solution as the โ€œcost effectiveโ€ and the โ€œbestโ€ storage solution available. This can add to the overall confusion as you look to select the right partner to protect your data.

In this blog, I focus on the business value of HPE Scalable Object Storage with Scality RING. My particular point of view is from our customersโ€™ perspective, which is central to a recent IDC technical paper.

IDC interviewed IT professionals at organizations that have moved key workloads to HPE Scalable Object Storage with Scality RING.  What did IDC learn? The interviews revealed that these organizations leverage the combined HPE-Scality object storage solution to build and grow their storage cost effectively to meet data-intensive workload demands. The study represents a good mix of companies by both geographical location (U.S. and EMEA) and vertical markets, including communications/media, public sector/transportation, service providers, technology and telecommunications.

The fact that customers shared their experiences after deploying our object storage solution gives much credence to what we have been saying about our technology. Let me share some of the highlights from the IDC technical paper.

IDC technical paper on HPE Scalable Object Storage with Scality RING pinpoints business benefits

IDCโ€™s analysis quantified the value that the customers achieved as a result of their move to Scality on HPE servers at an average of $898,970 per PB per year (i.e. $5.48 million per organization over 3 years). To summarize, here is the complete snapshot of IDCโ€™s analysis.

biz-value-snapshot.jpg

IDCโ€™s paper shows empirical proof that HPE Scalable Object Storage with Scality RING is a powerful solution for data-intensive applications. With quantified cost savings as unstructured data growth continues, we expect that customers in multiple industries including healthcare, financial services and media/entertainment will be able to gain these dramatic economic advantages. 

Download IDCโ€™s technical paper to learn more: The Business Value of Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Scalable Object Storage with Scality RING for Data-Intensive Applications and Services

Managing your data with HPE Scalable Object Storage with Scality RING

HPE Scalable Object Storage with Scality RING is a software-defined storage platform that is density-optimized to allow organizations to seamlessly scale to petabytes and beyond in less physical space and without compromising data availability and durability. HPE Apollo 4200 (2U form factor) and HPE Apollo 4510 (4U form factor) servers are the foundation for HPE Scalable Object Storage with Scality RING, providing you a choice in platforms to meet your requirements.

Scality RING running on HPE Apollo hardware combines object storage software and industry -standard servers to provide low cost, reliable, flexible, centralized management that your organization needs for large-scale unstructured data. The HPE Scalable Object Storage with Scality RING creates a solution with a lower TCO than traditional SAN and NAS storage vendors, while providing greater data protection for current and future large-scale storage needs. The combination of the Scality RING and hyperscale HPE Apollo servers has been deployed in numerous projects as a future-proof solution for petabyte-scale object applications. With HPE continuing our development of ultra-dense compute nodes, we expect to be able to store even more data in less space.

If you want more details, please contact your local HPE/Scality sales team who will be happy to whiteboard an architecture tailored to your specific requirementsโ€”and to help you better understand how the HPE Scalable Object Storage with Scality RING can be an integral part of your IT infrastructure.

Key resources for HPE Scalable Object Storage with Scality RING

Featured articles:

Ashwin Shetty HPE.jpeg

Meet Around the Storage Block blogger Ashwin Shetty,  WW Product Marketing Manager, HPE Storage. @ashwinkshetty

xxx

0 Kudos
About the Author

StorageExperts

Our team of Hewlett Packard Enterprise storage experts helps you to dive deep into relevant infrastructure topics.