HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Around the Storage Block
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you are coming to HPE Discover Madrid, this is a must-read!

HPEStorageGuy

Discover Madrid Eagenda.pngIf you're coming to HPE Discover in Madrid in a couple of weeks, this is a must-read blog for you because I'm going to point you to the sessions, spotlights sessions, demos, and other key happenings. You've probably used the Discover Agenda Builder, and that's great to hunt around to find things, but I'm going to make it easy for you. So read on.

Download the eAgenda

The starting point is the event eAgenda. My friend and former storage event manager Jennifer had her team put this together. I think this is the first time we've had an overall Discover eAgenda. Here's a link where you can find it: hpe.com/discover/e-agenda. What you'll see is this: 

1. Week at a glance.
  2. Spotlight sessions and these all include links to the Discover website where you can add what you want to your personal agenda.
  3. Sessions by day of the week and tracks (Hybrid Cloud, Intelligent Storage, IoT, Servers, Software-Defined Infrastructure, etc). 
  4. Tracks by day of the week.
  5. Transformation Showcase is the name of the demo area. There's a map that points you to generally where you can find things in the showcase. 
  6. Special demos that include: Living Labs that you can get hands on with HPE solutions; Meet the experts:  where there are 15 minute small group discussions (and great entertainment) from well, experts; a not to miss augmented reality demo; the Hack Shack where you can plug into the HPE Dev Community; and more. Here is a link to all of the Meet the Experts sessions. 
  7. Links to demos by tracks. For example, here's the Intelligent Storage link where you can see all of our storage demos. 
  8. Info about the HPE Discover App, which I highly recommend as it also has Self-Guided Tours and Tech Walks you can take as well as your agenda on your phone. 

Be sure to download the eAgenda if you're coming to Discover. Note: if you're not coming to Discover, I'll have a blog post next week that will have the link to Discover livestream video, so you can watch from wherever you are. 

Diving into storage

My storage team also has an eAgenda that as you might expect really focuses on what we have at the event. 

One thing I'll note is that my session in the Connect Community booth isn't in here. My co-presenter is Dr. Heinz-Hermann Adam, from the University of Münster. Our session is Wednesday 13:30 - 14:30 and is DF6815 in the online agenda. Note that online agenda says it's 13:30 - 14:00 but it is a one hour discussion forum (as are all of the Connect Community discussion forums). Our session title is "How to make the most of your 3PAR storage investment with file services and virtualization" and I will be sharing the latest news in HPE Storage so come by and join us. 

Storage eAgenda

Here's a link where you can get the Storage eAgenda.  Download it and be sure to join us as we have some cool happenings. Here are the top highlights:

• The storage spotlight session is Tuesday 27 November from 11:00 - 12:00 and is SL7040 in the catalog. Be sure to sign up and join us as this session has been packed. Let's just say we'll have some very interesting discussions and our SVP and GM Milan Shetti will be sharing a lot of good stuff. 
  • Patrick Osborne is a great speaker and is the VP and GM of Data Protection and Big Data Analytics. He has a session titled Big data and fast data from edge to cloud: Infrastructure to accelerate insights on Tuesday from 12:30 - 13:30 and is in the catalog as session ID B6860. This will be a good!
  • Join us in the Transformation Showcase on Tuesday at 17:00. Come to the "Ignite Innovation with Hybrid Cloud" area, Storage demo 1418 for a special champagne toast.  You'll know why were toasting if you attend Milan's Spotlight session at 11:00 that morning. 
  • Vish Mulchand is the Sr. Director of Product Management for the 3PAR team and has a session from 16:30 - 17:30 titled, "Empowering data at the speed of memory with AI, Cloud and HPE 3PAR Storage".  If you have a need for speed, skip the champagne toast (we'll have beer and wine in the Transformation Showcase when you arrive after this session) and definitely join Vish. The session is B6866 in the online agenda
  • On Wednesday 28 November from 11:00 - 12:00, we'll have a panel of customers hosted by Kate O'Neill. The session title is "Intelligent Storage: Customer perspectives on how intelligence changes everything" and is session PN6870 in the online catalog.  
  • From there head directly to session B6826, "Protect your data wherever it lives with intelligent secondary storage for your hybrid cloud" with Simon Watkins. Simon has been on the data protection team for a long time and brings a lot of expertise. 

Look at page 2 of the storage e-Agenda and be sure to fill your days at Discover with storage! And don't forget my session on Wednesday at 13:30 in the Connect Community booth because it's not in the eAgenda!

Demos and more demos!

I've done a screen grab of all our storage demos so here's that list. HPE Storage demos at Discover.PNG

Demos are a great place to learn more about these solutions so take advantage of this and spend time with these.  There are also three storage-focused Living Labs:

• HPE 3PAR administration
  • HPE Nimble Storage setup and administration
  • HPE InfoSight for HPE Nimble Storage and HPE 3PAR

Check the online agenda for the times to be sure you get time to play with these and the other Living Labs.  

I'm leaving in the morning. I'll be in Sicily and Naples for a week (man, I love Italy!!) and then I'll be speaking at the Prague VMUG on Thanksgiving Day before I head to Madrid. If you're coming to Discover, be sure to let me know you're coming so we can say hello!

Meet Around the Storage Block super blogger Calvin Zito.

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito and November 16, 2018 marks 35 years with HP/HPE. I've worked in HPE Storage since 1990. I am an eight-time VMware vExpert. As an early adopter of social media and active in communities, I've blogged for 9 years. You can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. If you don't follow me on Twitter, do it now! You can also contact me via email

About the Author

HPEStorageGuy

I have worked at HP and now HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.

Comments
Smith Wood

It is my great pleasure to visit your website and to enjoy your excellent post here. I like them very much. I can feel that you paid much attention to those articles, as all of them make sense and are very useful. Thanks so much for sharing.

Labels
Events
Nov 27 - 29
Madrid, Spain
HPE Discover 2018 Madrid
Learn about all things HPE Discover 2018 in Madrid, Spain, 27 - 29 November, 2018.
Read more
See posts for
dates/locations
HPE at 2018 Technology Events
Learn about the technology events where Hewlett Packard Enterprise will have a presence in 2018.
Read more