Around the Storage Block
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More on the HPE StoreOnce Catalyst and Veeam Integration

The integration that HPE Storage has had with Veeam software was industry leading. Let me quickly touch on that:

• HPE StoreVirtual was the first storage system in the industry to integrate with Veeam Backup and Replication.  That was over three years ago in version 6.5.
  • HPE 3PAR StoreServ was the second array to integrate in version 7.0.  HP has a long head start with Veeam integration as other 3rd parties are just starting to integrate with Veeam.

But there was a hole that needed to be filled. We have worked with ISV backup vendors - like our own HPE Data Protector, Veritas NetBackup, and Backup Exec to integrate StoreOnce Catalyst but missing from the list was Veeam. Last year at VeeamOn, I jokingly asked a Veeam exec when would we have Catalyst support with Veeam. I got a sly smile in response and I knew what that meant!

The wait is over! 

I won't spend a lot of time talking about what this means for our customers - Srik covered the details in a post he did last week titled Veeam integrates with HPE StoreOnce Catalyst to deliver enhanced data protect. I want to share a short video with my friend at Veeam Rick Vanover - the Rickatron! I took a break from being a one man band with my videos and drafted Radhika Mitra to interview Rick. It's a short video but they do a great job describing the benefits of this integration. 

I want to point you to a few more things before signing off:

About the Author

vExpert 5 years.png

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito, a 33 year veteran in the IT industry and have worked in storage for 25 years. I have been a VMware vExpert for 5 years. As an early adopter of social media and active in communities, I've blogged for 7 years. I started my "social persona" as HPStorageGuy but with the coming HP separation, you can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. You can also contact me via email.

0 Kudos
About the Author

CalvinZito

I have worked at HP and now HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.

Events
Online Expert Days - 2020
Visit this forum and get the schedules for online Expert Days where you can talk to HPE product experts, R&D and support team members and get answers...
Read more
HPE at 2020 Technology Events
Learn about the technology events where Hewlett Packard Enterprise will have a presence in 2020
Read more