Around the Storage Block
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from EMC to HP 3PAR. Now that was easy!

CalvinZito

With the recent news of Dell's intent to acquire EMC, along with all the recent HP 3PAR industry accolades and market success, I thought it would be an ideal time to remind you of some very unique capabilities we have with 3PAR. 

Hi ho, hi ho, from EMC to 3PAR we go

I've done a couple of videos that discuss the HP 3PAR Online Import Utility for EMC.  The one that is succinct is a ChalkTalk I did when we first introduced this capability about 18 months ago.  I thought it would be worth sharing it here.  

Here are a few more things that will help with the details:

Why HP 3PAR StoreServ?

I'm just giddy with excitement based on where we are in HP Storage today. I have talked about it here for a couple of years and it's very satisfying to see the market success that validates what I've been saying. Some of those include:

If you totally missed the news last week about Dell and EMC, check out the post titled Dell acquires EMC. What’s the big deal? J Maestre wrote it and he is one of my favorite contributors here on ATSB.  His insights are fantastic and whenever I have deep technical questions I need help with, he's one of my first stopping points. 

About the AuthorvExpert 5 years.png

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito, a 33 year veteran in the IT industry and have worked in storage for 25 years. I have been a VMware vExpert for 5 years. As an early adopter of social media and active in communities, I've blogged for 7 years. I started my "social persona" as HPStorageGuy but with the coming HP separation, you can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. You can also contact me via email.

0 Kudos
About the Author

CalvinZito

I have worked at HP and now HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.

Events
Online Expert Days - 2020
Visit this forum and get the schedules for online Expert Days where you can talk to HPE product experts, R&D and support team members and get answers...
Read more
HPE at 2020 Technology Events
Learn about the technology events where Hewlett Packard Enterprise will have a presence in 2020
Read more