Around the Storage Block
1751885 Members
5431 Online
108783 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
CalvinZito

New HPE XP8 Gen2 Storage Chalk Talk

A few weeks ago, my friend and long time colleague at HPE, Thomas Goepel wrote a blog post introducing you to the XP8 Gen2. Today I have my latest Chalk Talk for you giving you a short four minute and 30 second summary of the latest XP Storage. 

Let's get right to it!

I was part of the team that launched the XP256, the first generation of the XP, back in May 1999. It was one of the hardest and most satisfying things I've been involved with at HPE. So when the team asked me if I would do a Chalk Talk for the latest XP, I said "heck, yes!"

Since Thomas has written his blog post, I don't see a need to write a lot more so be sure to read his blog article  if you haven't seen it yet. But here's my XP8 Gen2 Chalk Talk. 

You can learn more about the XP8 on it's hpe.com page. 

About Calvin Zito 

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito and November 2021 will marked 38 years with HP/HPE.  I was  recognized as a 11 time VMware vExpert. As an early adopter of social media and active participant in communities, I've blogged for over 13 years. I'm also an avid Boise State fan. My Around the IT Block podcast is now an official HPE podcast. Check out my article to subscribe. You can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. If you don't follow me on Twitter, please do it now! You can also contact me via email

Calvin Zito
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/HPE_Storage
linkedin.com/showcase/hpestorage/
hpe.com/storage

About the Author

CalvinZito

I have worked at HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I'm expanding into other areas of focus at HPE like HPE GreenLake, compute, containers, AI, and more. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage. Find my podcast at https://www.hpe.com/dmn/ATITB