Around the Storage Block
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New MSA 1050, M-Series Switches and More Monday Storage News

HPE Discover News2.jpgHPE has a few announcements today. I'll cover things at a high level and we'll have deeper dives in the coming days from subject matter experts. 

Two press releases/advisories cover the news:

Let's look at each.

HPE introduces industry’s broadest high-performance flash portfolio for midsize businesses

New MSA Storage!

Just before Discover in Las Vegas, we announced the MSA 2050 and 2052. If you're familiar with the MSA, you probably noticed that at the announcement, we didn't have two things:

• Support for SAS-host connect
  • An entry version of the fifth generation of the MSA

Now we have both. The MSA 1050 hybrid flash is the entry-level MSA that starts at U.S. street price of $5,500. There will be a follow-up post that has more but for now, check out my new Fifth Generation of the HPE MSA Storage Portfolio ChalkTalk

HPE Nimble Storage

The press announcement is focused on solutions for SMB and HPE Nimble Storage was included because we believe it is a fantastic fit for midsize business. I see customers on SpiceWorks several times a week talking about how happy they are with the product and support, driven by InfoSight. I have two ChalkTalks that are great starting points to understand Nimble:

Not part of the SMB announcement but something I want to highlight is the Converged Architecture 700 with HPE Nimble Storage. And yes, I have ChalkTalk.  Here it is:

The CA700 with Nimble is rather new so here are a few links to dig in and learn more:

We'll have more on this in the near future on ATSB.

StoreFabric M-series Ethernet switches

The new family of HPE StoreFabric M-Series Ethernet switches provides flash-optimized networking over standard iSCSI connections. MSA, Nimble, 3PAR and SimpliVity customers can assure that their new flash solutions provide the maximum performance benefit for apps and users by deploying on a network architected for extreme low latency at an industry-leading price point.   

The three products are:

You can check out the details on the product pages. 

There will be a blog post later this week from the M-Series product manager but for now, check out this story by ChannelBuzz.ca on the new StoreFabric M-Series switches that we OEM from Mellanox.  

New ProLiant and SimpliVity too!

The ProLiant team announced new servers including HPE ProLiant ML110 Gen10, ProLiant ML350 Gen10 and ProLiant DL580 Gen10 Servers. There's a blog post live about the ML servers, so check that out. 

The HPE SimpliVity 380 news is centered around a new single node entry solution that is very price competitive, built in DR and more choices on all flash options. Our Converged Data Center Infrastructure blog will have more on it later this week. 

Availability of HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack

The other news today aligned with Microsoft Ignite happening now in Orlando, FL.  A post on our Converged Data Center Infrastructure blog has all the details, so check it out: Accelerate your hybrid cloud deployment with HPE and Microsoft Azure Stack

About the Author

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito, a 34 year veteran in the IT industry and have worked in storage for over 25 years. I am a seven-time VMware vExpert. As an early adopter of social media and active in communities, I've blogged for 9 years. You can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. If you don't follow me on Twitter, do it now! You can also contact me via email

0 Kudos
About the Author

CalvinZito

I have worked at HP and now HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.

Events
Online Expert Days - 2020
Visit this forum and get the schedules for online Expert Days where you can talk to HPE product experts, R&D and support team members and get answers...
Read more
HPE at 2020 Technology Events
Learn about the technology events where Hewlett Packard Enterprise will have a presence in 2020
Read more