Around the Storage Block
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Podcast: Software-defined storage - defining the abstract

HPEStorageGuy

CJZ headshot.jpegBy Calvin Zito, @HPStorageGuy  vexpert 2012 logo.gif

Last week I was in Boston for a meeting with colleagues from HP Storage.
While at the airport, I got a few minutes with Kate Davis. Kate is our product marketing manager for HP StoreVirtual  (formerly HP LeftHand) and is now focused on software-defined storage.

Kate has been my most active guest blogger on ATSB and I'm really happy to hear she'll be leading software-defined storage at HP.  This is an important emerging topic and I think the source of a lot of confusion.  Since we both had a bit of time waiting for our flight, so I grabbed my audio recorder and did a podcast.  We briefly discussed software-defined storage and Kate committed to future blog posts on ATSB.

Listen to the podcast here!

You can also subscribe to my podcast on iTunes - go to the iTunes store and search for "Around the Storage Block" or you can open this link and click on the "View in iTunes" button under my picture.

I've said it a few times in the past but if you want to play with our HP StoreVirtual VSA you can get a full featured trial by going to hp.com/go/TryVSA.  

And just to show you I actually did get out (albeit for about an hour), here's a picture I took of the Old State House in Boston, site of the Boston Massacre and the Declaration of Independence was read for the first time from that balcony.

P1020154.JPG

0 Kudos
About the Author

HPEStorageGuy

I have worked at HP and now HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.

Comments

how i want to play with our HP StoreVirtual VSA and how hp manage the data

HPEStorageGuy

@Storage Management - since you've left 5-10 comments on the blog all with a URL, you look like a spammer.  If you'd like to engage in real conversation, feel free to leave a real comment and without a spam URL.

Calvin

Labels
Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
HPE at Worldwide IT Conferences and Events -  2017
Learn about IT conferences and events  where Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a presence
Read more