Around the Storage Block
1745895 Members
4228 Online
108723 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
CalvinZito

Re: Podcast: What Is Cloud Ready Data Protection?

Cloud ready data protection.jpg

A month ago I had a blog post titled What you need to know about cloud ready storage. Today Iโ€™m following up with a โ€œpodcastโ€ that takes look at cloud ready data protection.

I say "podcast" in quotes because I can only share with you a YouTube version of the podcast now. More on that later. 

What you'll hear about

Simon Watkins, a regular contributor on ATSB, joined me for the podcast. Simon has been a part of the data protection team for as long time and brings a lot of expertise to the topic.  Here's what we covered in our chat:

• 00:00 - 02:45 Introductions. Also a bit of a lesson on what is football.
  • 02:45 - 04:20 What is driving cloud adoption for data protection/DR and what are common use cases?
  • 04:20 - 05:30 Addressing the 3-2-1 backup rule with on-premises and public cloud.
  • 05:30 - 07:45 What challenges do customers face using public cloud data protection?
  • 07:45 - 09:30 What is cloud ready data protection?
  • 09:30 - 10::50 How does HPE Storage address cloud ready data protection?
  • 10:50 - 12:45 How can a customer who doesn't have StoreOnce today take advantage of this? Why should a customer using a competitive product consider StoreOnce?
  • 12:45 -  14:00 Security is an important element of any public cloud conversation - how is that addressed?
  • 14:00 - 16:30 Customers want bandwidth efficient to limit costs? How is that addressed? 
  • 16:30 - 18:20 Customers who are using HPE Cloud Bank Storage.
  • 18:20 - 19:00 Key takeaways from the podcast.
  • 19:00 - 21:00 Wrap-up.

UPDATE: I was able to upload the podcast to TalkShoe so here's a link you can either click on to listen or right-click and download the MP3. Get ATSB #237 here

To subscribe to the podcast, open this link and click on the "View in iTunes" button under my picture. If you don't use iTunes, you can find my podcast on TalkShoe.com and it has just been added to Google Play Music as well On Google, you'll get "invited" to try Google Play Music for 30 days - just click "no thanks" to get past this and get to the podcast.

Here's a YouTube version of the podcast. 

I host my podcasts on TalkShoe.com. For the first time in 9 years of using it, I'm getting an error and can't upload my podcast. I'm hoping they fix the issue soon and as soon as they do, I'll add the real "podcast" that you can download to this post. For now, I hope you don't mind that all I have is a video blog of our conversation. 

Finding more

I asked Simon for where customers can find more about Cloud Bank Storage. Let me share several things you can check out.

Featured articles:

About the Author

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito, a 34 year veteran in the IT industry and have worked in storage for over 25 years. I am an eight-time VMware vExpert. As an early adopter of social media and active in communities, I've blogged for 9 years. You can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. If you don't follow me on Twitter, do it now! You can also contact me via email

About the Author

CalvinZito

I have worked at HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I'm expanding into other areas of focus at HPE like HPE GreenLake, compute, containers, AI, and more. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage. Find my podcast at https://www.hpe.com/dmn/ATITB

Comments
LammTech

Very helpful blog. Cloud-ready data protection is an emerging concept in the field of IT and needs to be familiar with. Thanks for sharing this awesome post.

Regards:

Best IT Solutions For Small Business

Great podcast!  Appreciated the example of the cost of the cloud storage option. 

@Rheid_Schloss and @Lammtech - thanks for the positive feedback on the podcast.