Around the Storage Block
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powered by HPE InfoSight, the future is autonomous

HPEStorageGuy

Ahead of HPE Discover in Madrid, I have exciting news to share today about HPE Nimble Storage but the news I'm going to share extends beyond Nimble Storage or even storage. Read on to understand what I'm talking about.  

HPE InfoSight is a predictive analytics system that processes millions of sensor data points every second from across the infrastructure stack. It processes the information through a combination of predictive analytics, global correlations (comparing data across all systems around the world looking for anomalies) and machine learning in order to predict and prevent InfoSight_AI_data center1_blog.jpgproblems.  

The benefits of HPE InfoSight have been huge for our customers. HPE InfoSight predicts and resolves 86% of problems before customers even know there is an issue. 54% of issues that are resolved aren't even storage and helps achieve 99.9999% of guaranteed availability across the HPE Nimble Storage installed base.  I did a ChalkTalk that gives an intro to InfoSight that if you haven't seen yet you should check it out. 

Today's news

We have an announcement today extending InfoSight into a couple of new areas:

• Today we announced the industry’s first artificial intelligence recommendation engine for HPE InfoSight: a new recommendations engine with pre-emptive recommendations.  With this InfoSight can help prevent issues before they occur, proactively improve performance, and optimize available resources. Preemptive recommendations are paving the path for autonomous infrastructure.
  • We are extending HPE InfoSight to 3PAR.  InfoSight requires platforms that are built with rich telemetry. 3PAR was architected for analytics and has been collecting rich telemetry from the installed base for years.  Now we are leveraging the data science expertise from HPE Nimble Storage and 3PAR customers with a support contract can take advantage of HPE InfoSight.

I have a ChalkTalk that talks more about what's new and why it's important.  Here's my ChalkTalk

Today’s announcement is a big step forward toward an autonomous data center. Instead of reacting to problems or trying to figure out how to best manage resources, HPE InfoSight sees ahead and tells customers exactly what to do. These recommendations are making intelligent decisions today that in the future can be applied automatically on behalf of our customers. Exciting times ahead!

For more insight on HPE InfoSight

Here are a couple of other blog posts and videos to help you wrap your head around HPE InfoSight:

And in other news

There are a couple other pieces of news that we'll cover in the next couple of days: the official release of Cloud Bank Storage and the next version of Recovery Manager Central. If you want to get a head start on things, the links are to the ChalkTalks I've done.  

About the Author

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito, a 34 year veteran in the IT industry and have worked in storage for over 25 years. I am a seven-time VMware vExpert. As an early adopter of social media and active in communities, I've blogged for 9 years. You can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. If you don't follow me on Twitter, do it now! You can also contact me via email

About the Author

HPEStorageGuy

I have worked at HP and now HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.

Labels
Events
Nov 27 - 29
Madrid, Spain
HPE Discover 2018 Madrid
Learn about all things HPE Discover 2018 in Madrid, Spain, 27 - 29 November, 2018.
Read more
See posts for
dates/locations
HPE at 2018 Technology Events
Learn about the technology events where Hewlett Packard Enterprise will have a presence in 2018.
Read more