Around the Storage Block
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtualizing tier-1 applications with all-flash VMworld session podcast

HPEStorageGuy

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpgBy Calvin Zito, @HPStorageGuy  vExpert 4 years.jpg

Last week I gave the 3PAR team a break from publishing a 3PAR Thursday blog post and I’m doing the same thing again this week, sort of.  Earlier this week at VMworld Priyadarshi Prasad (Pd) and Eric Siebert presented a session titled The Perfect Stormage: Virtualizing Tier-1 apps with All-Flash Arrays.  I recorded the audio of the session and wanted to share it with you here.  I’m also including a PDF of the session’s slides that you can use. 

Here’s what Pd and Eric covered at a high level:

• Challenges virtualizing tier-1 applications: performance, security, high availability, and disaster recovery
  • A deep look at HP 3PAR AFA and how it helps address the challenges
  • HP 3PAR in action – Andrew Walters, City of Phoenix Police Department
  • Summary from Eric on what differentiates HP 3PAR

Here's the podcast:

If you rather download this as a podcast, right click here and save the MP3 file. You can also subscribe to my podcast on iTunes - go to the iTunes store and search for "Around the Storage Block" or you can open this link and click on the "View in iTunes" button under my picture.

VMworld was another great event – and I think HP 3PAR AFA got a ton of a attention.  We of course announced the entry level HP 3PAR StoreServ 7200 All-Flash Starter Kit, coming in at around $35,000 US street pricing.  There are a few good press articles and blogs that I've seen and thought I'd point you to them:

0 Kudos
About the Author

HPEStorageGuy

I have worked at HP and now HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage.

Comments

Nice information.Thanks for sharing